Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP hang when uploading new file

N/A

Hi,

I connect to homepages.f9.net.uk ok, my username / password

I can see my files and upload new files OK.

But if I try to overwrite an existing file, the FTP just hangs.

Clients I have tried are DOS FTP, WS-FTP, ACE FTP3 and more recently Dreamweaver.

I have to resort to locating the file I want to update, delete it, then upload the new copy (ease varies by client, strangely DOS FTP feels best). An annoying workaround, but browsing these discussion pages I feel I am the only one suffering this nuisance. (I have not raised a support call coz of the workaround)

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Just wonder if?

Hi,

I've not experinced this myself but from what you describe it does sound like a permissions problem on your FTP folder (directory on the server). Have you checked to see what your current folder permissions are? Also note that FTP folders like the ones used by F9 use UNIX style permissions unlike the MS Windows folder and file permissions. The FTP permissions are grouped into 3 sections, if my memory serves me correctly these are 1) the file itself 2) the user who owns the file 3) group level permissions.

Permissions are:- Read,Write, Execute, Read only I think?

**If your not sure or dont feel confident enough to change the folder/file permissions I'm sure F9 support would help you out on this one.

Ivan
N/A

User, Group, Other is the three types.