cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP & Email problems....

Badgi
Dabbler

FTP & Email problems....

I cannot upload to using the FTP. I get this message when I connect "425 Can't build data connection: Connection refused
ERROR:> File error" and a permission denied message when I try to upload, I have followed the connection setup process to the letter, so I am sure this is not an error on my part...

As for my email, I cannot receive any, I can send, but cannot receive. Again, I have followed the setup process to the letter on outlook, I know the email is right because I have sent email to my hotmail account and then used the reply function, it's not outlook that is the problem as I have checked my email account on the plusnet website and haven't even received them there either, surely this is not a problem on my side..

I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

Trevor Jones
4 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: FTP & Email problems....

Trevor

I know it may sound simple but what addresses (ftp host, pop3 server) are you using? This is to check as most problems are very simple...

Also do you have a firewall? If so it could be set too high thus blocking all access on ports 110, 21 ect

cUnDaLl
Badgi
Dabbler

RE: FTP & Email problems....

I use ftp.plus.net and have also tried the alternative, ftp-proxy.plus.net

as for the email, there is something seriously wrong with it, as i said, I am not even receiving to my web based plusnet email account.

oh, and yeah, I do have a firewall, but I have disabled it, besides, that has never posed a problem before.
Badgi
Dabbler

FTP working, still same prob with Email...

Ok, the FTP is working now, with the alternative login address, haven't solved the emailprob though...
N/A

RE: FTP working, still same prob with Email...

> Ok, the FTP is working now, with the alternative login address, haven't solved the emailprob though...

Hi Guys,

I you would like any help from support, feel free to nip over to the PlusNet forum and post there.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support