cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9 cost comparisons with Talktalk

kentmere
Dabbler

It seems to me that the cost comparisons of the proposed new broadband+phone deals from f9 are not honest. The table shows two monthly packages from Talktalk (£20.99 and £30.99)-and there appears to be no difference between them).
I am paying f9 £14.99 a month+ BT line rental of £11+ a phone bill of about £11, giving a total of £37 per month. Talktalk appears to provide the lot for £20.99. The comparable f9 package adds up to about £30 per month.

Come on f9- you are going to lose loads of customers at this rate. At least let us have a proper comparison of costs.

David A

Dronfield
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi david,

I think the two companies (F9 & TalkTalk) have completely different business focus's. I mean that PlusNet & F9 have always been an ISP and the introduction of Plustalk VOIP phone services has been a recent development which takes the mix of products over into the telecoms areana.

But the major difference here as I see it, is that F9 arent try to get your landline or mobile phone custom away from another providor which isnt the case with TalkTalk they actually want to win your landline and or mobile custom from F9 or others.

Where as TalkTalk have always (as far as I am aware) been a mobile phone and telecoms providor and their introduction of broadband has been a recent development too (they have crossed over from being mainly a teleco into the ISP arena).

**Its all part of the same movement in the telco, ISP & TV mulit media services market. Services are starting to merge more & more into one large-ish company providing all three services, often termed x3 play i.e. internet, phone calls & TV etc.

**So bear in mind that you cannot really compare like with like because these x2 companies are NOT alike in the first place and the service arent alike either. OK! admittedly very similar though yes!

Ivan
N/A

Hi Ivan

Surely it is F9 that are making the comparison for you and trying to entice you to stay with them on a similar but more expensive way than Talktalk. Yes they are trying to get both your land line and your calls again this is what Talktalk are doing.

E-Mail from F9
You already save money on your broadband with Force9, why not save money on your telephone line rental too?

From 4th July you can switch your line rental to your Force9 broadband account. It will only cost you £11 a month, the same price as BT. But with Force9 you get 240 minutes of calls included and low call rates - save up to 17% on your calls*.

With your broadband and telephone calls in one place, your life is just that little bit easier.

I have to agree with David that Talktalk at £20.99 all in is a lot cheaper than the purported £30.00+ for the same deal. Talktalk line rental is cheaper than BT and you do not get 240 minutes of restrictions on call times. So F9 are in a way trying to get into the phone market which is more difficult than Talktalk becoming an ISP.
N/A

Talktalk line rental is cheaper than BT and you do not get 240 minutes of restrictions on call times. So F9 are in a way trying to get into the phone market which is more difficult than Talktalk becoming an ISP.
You might be right on that point actually?

Ivan
N/A

This "offer" is totally over the top for me, I've never paid £11 per month to BT for line rental, in fact my last quarter bill was around half that cost Cool

There are more ways to crack this particular nut Cheesy
N/A

Hi Graham,

I think you should re-check your BT bill, 99% of domestic customers have to pay line rental & I bet my bottom dollar you ARE paying for line rental. Line rental is a mandatory part of having a domestic phone service with BT unless you have some weird one off special arrangment? I think you will find that BT line rental is atleast £10 or more.

Ivan
N/A

Hi Ivan,

I'm not saying I don't pay ANY line rental.

I took advantage of their "Light User" scheme some years ago. My last BT bill was around the £17 mark, and thats for three months not one.
N/A

Graham,

Ya!! that's pretty good I have to say. I'm not a heavy phone user myself. I had 3 years of telephone aversion therapy its called working in market research and its enough to drive you mad, now I almost hate phones and try and use them as little as possible. So dont get me started on people who use mobiles you'd really be in for a major rant I can tell you. :roll: :roll:

Ivan