cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9 connection issues!

N/A

F9 connection issues!

Hi,

I keep losing my connection more so in the evenings yet the portal service status shows all green - is this just me or are others having problems too?

I need broadband for VPN and can't afford to keep losing my connection - I've been with for f9 for as long as I can remember but am wandering whether its time to move especially since everyone I know is paying less than me and getting more for there money!
2 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 46

F9 connection issues!

From what I've read on the forums I don't think customers losing their connection is a general problem. Certainly it isn't something I experience.

I think this topic is more suited to the F9 Community Support board, and I suggest starting a new topic there. It would help others to comment if you posted details of your connection, in particular sync speed, noise margin and attenuation at times when the connection drops.

With regard to broadband products you might find updating from your present package to one of the BBYW products would give the service you require at reduced cost. This page gives a summary of the new options. You do need to be aware that "peak time" for the new packages is 8AM to midnight. Expected speeds through the day for the different options can be found here.

If you need assistance in determining whether moving to a new product would give you better value I believe F9 Support are geared up to help.

Regards

David
David
N/A

F9 connection issues!

Hi,
My connection drops every night between 9pm an 10:30pm without fail as my noise margin drops which drops my sync by approx 1meg which also stops me from getting a better overall sync rate it has resulted in my sync rate been reduced by F9 by 500k yesterday which tacks like 3 days to bring up again so long as it stays stable at higher rate.
I have brought this up with F9 before to no avail and am considering changing ISP which would be a shame as I have the full phone and broadband package.
Regards Jeff