cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9 and moving customers to ADSL2+

N/A

Hi,

I wonder if anyone from F9 can enlighten me on the following question/s. I was wondering if anyone knows when & how F9 PlusNet will move customers on ADSL2+ via Tiscarli's network. The reason I ask is that my local BT phone exchange has LLU as a feature but at the moment the only providers are NTL Telewest i.e. cable & Bulldog (yak!!). So my guess is that because my LLU exchange doesnt include Tiscarli then it wont be possible in the future in receive ADSL2+ is that correct? Or is the ADSL2+ service from F9 NOT dependant upon the local exchange?? I wonder if anyone knows?

Ivan
8 REPLIES
astarsolutions
Grafter

If you exchange hasnt been enabled for LLU yet by Tiscalli then you wont be upgraded straight sway like the others, when it does get upgraded you will be moved over (put on a list).

Or like me you can opt out and wait for BT to release their own service sometime in the next few years.
N/A

Hi Arthur,

YEP!! I got a reply from F9 via a ticket but I've more or less concluded the same information you've confirmed for me, so thanks atleast your reply wasnt in gobbledee gook!! unlike F9 support. I'm sure they're getting worse.

Ivan
N/A

Hi Arthur,

Well I just re-checked my BT exchange status for LLU and guess what Tiscarli has now been added & enabled so perhaps I'm still in the running for ADSL2+ upto 24megs in future. You never know?? but I wont be holding my breath though, nice if it happens.

Ivan
N/A

Hi Arthur,

Well I just re-checked my BT exchange status for LLU and guess what Tiscarli has now been added & enabled so perhaps I'm still in the running for ADSL2+ upto 24megs in future. You never know?? but I wont be holding my breath though, nice if it happens.

Ivan

Hi, i wonder if you require new equiment for ADSL2+?

And if f9 are upgrading you too it, are they supplying the new stuff? :lol:
N/A

Hi J,

Yes! definately if your moving to ADSL2+ upto 24megs you will require a new modem or router (though some devices can be firmware upgraded to run 24megs & ADSL2+). ADSL2+ does use a different type of modulation. I'm NOT as yet quite sure what that is but I'm hoping to do some research into that very thing in the near future so will let you know.

**I'm certain F9 PN will be selling or recommending ADSL2+ compatible devcies (routers or modems).

Ivan
N/A

Sulking I am! It seems that my exchange, (Shrewsbury) is now able to offer the up to 8 meg... but my line STILL has a max of 1 meg Sad
N/A

Hi Dave,

It would seem your NOT alone, I have seen a number of F9 users all complaining of the same problem. Infact one or two very angery & upset people who's speeds have dropped below what they had previosly.

I think one thing to try and remember is that MAX DSL is a rate adaptive technology, which means that the BT kit in the phone exchange is supposed to adjust the line speed according to your specific line conditions. So you may find that it varies from 1meg and may go above that?

**in my case my speeds are all over the show still, but I am still within the 10day monitoring period. I've had speeds as poor as 1.5megs and as good as 6.2megs.

**Perhaps it means that in your case 1meg is all you will be to receive? perhaps its 1meg or nothing at all?? are you a long way in terms of distance from your nearest BT exchange?

Ivan
francoise-hardy
Grafter

Hi Ivan,
Sorry the following not 100% relevant to your orig post.
1) I am still holding on before request downgrade to 1Mb as recommended by f9 to poss cure my intermittant drop-out. BUT, f9 e-mail shot last week advises me I should get 8Mb in next few months (!).SO, do you think this 8Mb would then adapt to whatever (decreased) speed my line can handle, and so poss fix my intermittent fault by auto selection of 1Mb or whatever?
2)Not been on forums past 7 to 10 days, what happened to 'everything internet'?
Regards, and hope you are well, robinh