cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra tax to help the asian disaster

N/A

Would you be prepared to pay, say, and extra 1p in the £ tax for a limited period, maybe 6 months providing it ALL went on aid?
If you would vote Yes, if not No, if you would not trust the politions to stick 100% to their ageement vote Maybe.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The problem: it won't ALL go to the aid and we have no way to know what has actually happened to the money or how much it actually was to veryfy it all went on aid.

Better to pay from the money you have and then let the aid agencies claim back the tax paid. You then decide if you want to contribute (not everyone will want to) and how much you want to contribute.

Having a blanket tax increase is the most inefficient way to getting the money to where it is needed and it would take far too long to setup to help the current crisis.
N/A

In addition to what Peter has already stated, you also have the costs aspect of administering the extra tax collection, which would mean less money went to the cause in the first place.

As Peter has already stated, it would be far better for people to make up their own minds and give an amount that they feel happy with.
N/A

when there are so many problems in this country, I have to say I would not be willing to help other countries, all the kids homeless over christmas, people starving etc etc, sorry, charity begins at home, or at least in your own country
N/A

There are lots of people who are in need of help from charities, I guess it's up to peeps to decide which one they want to donate to.

But yes charity does begin at home.