cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External access to a computer connected to a Router

N/A

Hi, i have a network with a number of computers and the router f9 supplies.
I am trying to set it up so that anybody calling my static ip reaches my server (one of the computers on the network).
I have tried port forwarding on the server but it doesnt seem to work, i keep reaching the router config page.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
2 REPLIES
N/A

It sounds as if you have not set up the port forwarding correctly -- you need a NAT RDR rule on your router (and possibly a filter rule). I don't have this router, so don't know what the configuration options are for these rules, but somewhere you will need to enter the IP address of the PC to which you want the traffic to be directed (I suspect you may have put your router's IP address here) and the port (or range of ports) at that host.

See opening doors/online gaming.
N/A

NATS OR NO! NATS THAT IS THE QUESTION??

Hi,
I have a strong feeling that inorder to achieve what your looking for you would have to configure your ROUTER for NATS and that this would translate your public facing IP address (such as 192.168.68.03,etc) => to your servers IP address (if it was say 199.106.10.09) and vica versa.

So if an external user wanted to contact your server or create a connection to your server (behined the router of course) they would use your public facing IP address alone and the NATS would do the rest for you. Hope this doesnt confuse you completely.

Ivan