cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Access

N/A

External Access

I want to log on to my netork for an external computer via the internet. I have set up the ADSL Modem to issue IP adresses to the internal network so the other computers can share the connection via the hub, and that all working great. What I need to do is tell the modem/router that machine x is accessed via the internet on port 500. and i can see how to do this. its a solway modem. and help would be great!.
5 REPLIES
N/A

External Access

I assume you're talking about the Solwise SA110?

I don't have a Solwise router, but I understand you need to specify a NAT RDR rule to allow incoming traffic. It seems you may also need a "filter" rule, which I assume is related to the firewall facilities of the router.

There's a thread on the Solwise forum which covers this. See opening doors/online gaming.
N/A

External Access

I am. I just managed to wade throught thePDF file and find that option, will test it later. thanks
N/A

External Access

I need to use my home computer (WK2 or XP+Cable ) to acces work (W2K+Solwise SAR110)

tried port forwarding but the SAR110 doesnt like it, tried pc-anywhere and it works from work to home but not home to work! and its far to slow.

Basically I need to make the home pc part of the work network so the home pc can map to the works c drive and the client sw on the home pc can "see" the server sw on the works c drive.
N/A

External Access

If your PC at work is behind a proxy then you will have to contact your IT dept to fix that.
N/A

External Access

That almost made sense. you mean I need a public address for that computer specifically, not a public IP to the router then private IPs behind the router?