cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience of move from F9

carpangler
Grafter

After various decisions, I finally moved and 'wow - what a difference'. First reactions are it's worth the effort, painless with just a few router and email settings to sort.
Email is turning up almost instant after someone has sent it, P2P is going through at speeds that must be melting my copper wires. This is how I would expect broadband to be, so why am I suprised :-). I'll tell you. After 9 months of nothing but service issues, email issues, non existent P2P/FTP/VPN it was the best bit of effort in a long while. I'd recommend moving to anyone who is not getting what they expect from F9.

The ISP I've moved to has no 'fancy' extra's and the administration area's are very basic, but at the end of the day, all I'm interested in is the perfomance of my connection not all the extra's. I do get webspace/site etc...
11 REPLIES
N/A

So are you going to tell us where you finally went to please.
carpangler
Grafter

Entanet who resell only. I went through UKFSN.

I get 300GB a month 30GB Peak (peak is longer than F9), but they don't shape and it's upto you how you use the peak allowance. £20 per month. If you pay £29 (I think) per month you get 60Gb peak

http://www.ukfsn.org/ - Went for home max 30 as this is best for my usage.

There's also a static IP, which is what I need. If you are thinking of moving check them out. Look up entanet on google, but you have to go through a third party for home use (i.e. UKFSN or one of the others)
N/A

Many thanks and best of luck.
Liam
Grafter

As this is hardly "Community Support", I have moved it into the General Chat forum.

Thanks.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

I finally moved and 'wow - what a difference'

Well done Steve, it is good to read something positive in the Discussion Forums for a change.

Has the change made any difference to the allegedly unthrottled services, like surfing and downloading, which would show up on a line speedtest ?
carpangler
Grafter

Downloading is at speeds in excess of 200KBs! Providing the sites can upload at that speed. Also I can have multiple downloads going that are totally nearly 300kbs. That's in peak time too using Torrent and FTP Upload/download (work related).

Mail is delivered quick as far as I can see. You can have multiple email addresses and they are easy to configure. I'm note sure about spam protection, but again I never used the stuff supplied by F9.

Browsing - I haven't noticed much difference except maybe there is less 'lag' than I had on F9.

There is no VOIP but I never used the F9 provided service.

Time will tell how good the service is, but from the 'off' it's rocking and a mate who moved from F9 to TalkTalk(? - why!) and then to Entanet hasn't looked back.

Hope this helps
N/A

Sadly - I just left Entanet - well their reseller seriouslyinternet and joined F9 only because of a pricing change. After 5 days offline cos F9 messed up the migration and 1/2 hour online (I noticed throttling immediately despite being outside advertised throttled hours) I asked for a Mac Code. If you have experienced real internet y would you put up with this lot. Now on my way to AOL till Be arrives in my area(March) Cheesy
stratisphere

As this is hardly "Community Support", I have moved it into the General Chat forum.

Thanks.

I would call it Community Support... helping users get that better internet experience
N/A

well said ninjahamsters, I think now BT have aquired f9, it can only be down hill from here. The service is pretty crap at the best of times anyway. I've tried to get several legit torrents and its like 2KB/sec tops.

I'm going to be moving across soon and I dont care if they charge me to do it.
N/A

I recently moved out too. Had enough of f9 for years, and then they dropped my website with no warning (well, an email at 2am?!) because I went over my bandwidth limit. Happy with pipex now - and hosted my websites elsewhere. If I'd known it was this easy to move I would've done it years ago when they jumped into bed with tiscali!
okmbok
Grafter

How can ppl still post if they have left f9?Huh