cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even phpinfo does not run

N/A

I decided not to reload the cgi platform after the disaster but to concentrate on the ccgi platform, taking the opertunity to change things (hopefully to improve and update programs).
Well I have failed miserably.
I have spent hours reading all sorts of posts and F9 help pages but my brain has now seized up.

I cannot even get 'phpinfo.php' to run.

All I get is
'CGI System Error: Execution of this script not permitted'
'CGI System Error: Request Error'.
'There is a problem with the request. Please contact the owner of the site you are trying to access.'
I have contacted the owner - ME - and he cannot help!

I have run the F9 provided script 'fixphpperms.sh', I have tried different permissions ending with 777 but to no avail.

What hope is there if this simple 3 line script cannot run.

WHAT AN I DOING WRONG - PLEASE HELP
5 REPLIES
N/A

Your best bet is to chmod the files to either 540 or 740 if they PHP and see what happens then.
N/A

chmod to 540 or 740 makes no difference.

But what I have found out is that phpinfo runs in the root directory on the cgi platform but not in the root directory of the ccgi platform.
Putting it in a sub-directory enables it to run.

This raises an unknown (to me at this moment): will perl files run in the root, must they have a sub-directory and can it be any name other than cgi-bin. I seem to remember that for some reason I put all perl scripts in cgi-bin

How I look forward to an idiots example guide to help old duffers like me.
N/A

Perl scripts still won't run in the root folder, unfortunately.
N/A

Thats funny!

phpinfo in the root directory did not run yesterday but it did today.

I have not touched it.

Is it something to do with fixphpperms taking a time to reflect its action!!

I created the following directory structure today-
dir1/phpinfo.php
dir1/dir2/phpinfo.php
dir1/dir2/dir3/phpinfo.php
Ran fixphpperms
None ran this morning.
Then other php files that ran yesterday started showing many error messages.
Had lunch.
They ran this afternoon.
Error messages received this morning have dissappeared.

Is the platform still being tweaked or what??
If so - how can we sort out problems with all the files that were OK on the old platform when the goalposts appear to be changing on the new platform.

Today was the first time for years that I had a migrane attack with what looks like chasing red herrings.

I am seriously thinking that I do not need this agro, is the cure to migrate out of F9.
Marteknet
Grafter

Is the platform still being tweaked or what??
If so - how can we sort out problems with all the files that were OK on the old platform when the goalposts appear to be changing on the new platform.

Good question. One that I have also asked, but has not been answered, It would seem that Force9 don't provide support for cgi stuff, but they do rely on user to test the dam thing for them. When is this server going to be stable as I am still finding things that did work fine on the old server will not now run on the new one. The period of time for the change over for customers to amend there scripts should start when the final fixes are implemented on the new server not from the day the new server came online. How the hell are we to work to a deadline if things are changing and have un-announced adverse affects on customers scripts. START the swap-over period from the date the server has had ALL its problems sorted, not before.