Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

England England England England England England England

N/A

Badger spinoff

ENGLAND ENGLAND

shame us people in wales cannot display our england flags without being classed as racist by coppers or fear of having our cars vandalised!!
38 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Must be like Scotland then where they'll all be wearing their Paraguay shirts. :roll:
N/A

What a strange link!

Actually found it very amusing for about 3 seconds :lol:

One can only speculate as to your seemingly endless source of amusing links.

Saw this, and thought of you....

N/A

yep, thats me all over lol!!

as for my comment, Yesterday the DCC of North Wales Police said that people should stop displaying the window mounted england flags in wales, because it is going to incite racism and hatred,
News Article, and about 15 miles from me, a guy had his car smashed up because of one, News Article

I AM NOT having a go at the welsh, but this is just silly, and this coppers comments are going to give the idiots an excuse to go out and vandalise....

I had one on my dashboard, I cant put it on the window due to wind deflectors on my car, I have since removed it for fear of reprisals!!
N/A

That seems more than a little ridiculous. I thought one of GB's sources of pride is our multicultural and multinational population.

I struggle to see how it is offensive, although it doesn't take much of an excuse for some people to act in such a ridiculous way.
N/A

people really dont need an excuse tho do they...just the slightest hint of something and thats it.

I am not saying they shouldnt be proud of Wales etc etc, or not stand up for what they believe in, but freedom of speech is supposed to ensure EVERYONE has their say, not just the minority.

Equality and Racial Equality have gone TOO far now, it seems that the minority have become the majority and vice versa!
Denzil
Grafter

What I don't understand is the need to actually write "ENGLAND" across the flag. Do people have to be reminded? :?
Community Veteran

I hate football. However I think its nice for people to display flags (when done tastefully). This is the same for any nation, I wouldnt have a problem with a Scotish or German flag or whatever. I don't however like to see flags with Football, England and even worse the ones that say The Mirror or The Sun on them.

In this country we look at things wrong. Rather than bicker and insight hatred, we've got 4 nations, we should all look at that as a quadrouple chance for the UK to win in whatever event it might be.
N/A

I'm completely with you there, at USA '94 we didn't qualify but ireland did, I was 100% behind them all the way and so where most people I knew.

I don't understand the attitude of SOME scots/welsh it's just senseless and should be treated as harshly as any UK citizen attacking a muslim (or whoever)

it's racism and stupidity, there was a thread on ADSLguide in free chat where some idiot scotsman thought that alan hansen and andy Grey should be killed because they were "blood traitors" because they appreciate the way the england play football and make a living doing it.

Rediculous, narrow minded petty idiots. (racists not hansen and grey Wink )
_lecro_
Grafter

What I don't understand is the need to actually write "ENGLAND" across the flag. Do people have to be reminded? :?

Well unfortunately people do have to be reminded because it easy to forget what your national flag looks like when the only time you can fly it without looking like some sort of racist is when your football team is playing...

I cant think of any other country in the world where is is frownd upon to proudly display your national flag....or celebrate your patron saints day...
This country has gone PC mad....

Also yes when another GB country is playing and we arnt, i will always be on there side..... PIty a lot of them cant return the favour :roll:

Finally i got bored with that vid after 3 goals,went to check my mail then when i looked again it was on 51-0 lol
Probably the score next time we play wales/scotland :twisted: :twisted:

[/rant]
N/A

I would gladly show all 4 flags in a window or something to show my support, welsh, scottish, english or whatever, makes no difference to me, it just means more chances to kick the germans and brazilian butts lol!
Community Veteran

In this country we look at things wrong. Rather than bicker and insight hatred, we've got 4 nations, we should all look at that as a quadrouple chance for the UK to win in whatever event it might be.

Excellent point IMHO - I agree completely.

Thomas
N/A

<Nitpick>
We have 3 nations and a state.
Wales, unlike Scotland, Ireland and England isn't actually a country in its own right.
<nitpick />
I know this to be true because I use it to annoy the Welsh Nationalists here when I remind them that Wales isn't actually a Nation :twisted:
Community Veteran

Yes I suppose you're right, but they still get to play football sometimes. Unlike Cornwall.

Out of interest are you Welsh or English (I notice you live in Wales).
N/A

When I go shopping to Asda (one of the largest in Manchester), I will look at the car park and about 70% of the cars are displaying either 1/2 flags or stickers all over in support of England. Great stuff lol

If anyone has been to America, or even better into an American school you will know they are full of the US Flags. I dont know what the big hoo-hah is about. I have never seen, felt or heard any racially motivated attack upon the English because of our flags? Not locally.

There is also a bloke on my street that has a flag pole in his garden lol, he is displaying the England flag now but usually its the UK one. You will notice vandel grease on the pole (its sort of masked by the tree, from the right angle you could see it properly, sorry about that) this is because the little kids use to climb up the pole and take the flag down, and run around with it on their backs (he always got it back though lol).

Here is a photo (sort of)

So.. I suppose if the feeling against these flags were so bad then I would of seen his pole get attacked.. And I havent, and its been there for about 15 years now. I dont think the feelings of hatred towards our flag are actually spawning from other communities, its more likely coming from the English themselves who are too politically correct (like the teacher I read about)

We all have our own opinions on it but it seems to be the politically correct individuals with power that are taking it to heart. I think its good to display your countries flag, and I often seen them from other countries.. So..?

I find it hilirious that people are saying "flag-flying was one step away from "violence, racism and hooliganism of the very worst kind."". He really needs to lighten up. The English are always being moaned at by the papers for not being patriotic enough, and when we do we are hooligans by the other side.

Its a no win situation but at the end of the day most of you here with kids will find that they love it and will grow up to embrace it. Its only going to get worse/better depending on your views, the only reason we do it is because we are proud to be English and proud that we have such a good looking World Cup squad.

If there is a law saying that this is wrong then I will stop flying the flag and wearing my England shirt. But until then the people who find it offensive will have to live with it. I find it hard to believe all the Welsh find it offensive, actually I could never believe something like that. The Welsh are such a laid back *nation* I find it hard to believe they would react over something so petty. Same goes for the other communities/counries/states etc here. Most dont find it offensive, its just one or two idiots with power and too much political correctness getting themselves headlined in newspapers moaning about it.

Its lame and the people doing it really need to re-evaluate as the patriotism of this country is spreading so fast its almost impossible to stop it now.