cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling popups

worcsdave
Grafter

Enabling popups

Can anyone tell me how I can enable pop-ups on a broadband account? In chat rooms if i want to look at a profile, IE6 now doesn't open it up.
Any suggetsions?
Thanks
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Enabling popups

It sounds like you are clicking on a link and IE is not starting up. This is nothing to do with a pop-ups or a pop-up blocker, it's to do with IE or Windows which for whatever reason is not being run when you click a link. This could be an issue with the chat software you are running or a problem with your PC. Have you tried rebooting?
LiamM
Grafter

Enabling popups

I'm guessing you got the new IE with the popup blocker? I have had similar problems. Depending on the code used by the website some popups are rejected even if you request them.

I think pressing CTRL + Click does the job or perhaps try right-clicking on the link and choosing Open Link or something.

Hope this helps!
worcsdave
Grafter

Enabling popups

Have got round this problem now by downloading and using Netscape instead of IE. So it must be something to do with the workings of IE, deep in its bowels, probably best left alone! But thanks for the advice - and at least downloading Netscape was quick now that I have broadband Cheesy
LiamM
Grafter

Enabling popups

Leave netscape alone and go get Mozilla Firefox... based on the same platform but much better.

http://www.mozilla.org