cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Election Fever

Metalguru
Grafter

Election Fever

With the What's The Budget thread, gradually grinding to a halt. I thought it was about time for forum contributors to really pull out all the stops.

Election fever is now gathering pace, with the first week in May looking like the bookies favorite date.

This gives us a month and a bit, to engage in some high level political debate (or some abusive name calling) and reveal our innermost selves.

So ................

Who are you gonna vote for ?

And why ?

If we all contribute something.
When all the election results are in, we can see if the views of PlusNet community, truly reflect those held by the rest of the UK.

And if they don't, we can always sulk.

So Come On ......
Pinko Lefties
Flip Flop and Duffel Coat Brigade
Bra Burners
Whistle Blowers
And
Those Just To The Right Of Attila The Hun

What ever you background.
What ever you views and political leanings.
We all have something to offer.

We all love a good mass debate .
14 REPLIES
N/A

Election Fever

I thought they always say, never discuss politics and religion, or was that just around the sunday table Wink

Personally, I'd like to record a mark saying I don't want to vote for any of them, but otherwise I guess Lib Dems would be next after that.

I don't like Tony, and he won't leave, and I would never trust Michael "Poll Tax" Howard.
holdtight
Grafter

Election Fever

That is my view as well Aaron so i wont repeat it, couldnt have put it
any better
Alecto
Grafter

Election Fever

A major flaw in our system is that on the ballot paper, there isn't a box marked "None of these, Take them out and hang the lot of them."

I wouldn't trust any of them to do my shopping, let alone run the country.

That said, I can't think of a better system except with me running the country, and I'd probably need to bring in the troops to keep order.

It's a pity that none of them dare stand up for what the majority think for fear of being called "extreme". If my kids behaved like politicians do, I'd give them a thrashing - if I was allowed to - which I'm not.
holdtight
Grafter

Election Fever

Is it just me or is Tony Blah looking more like the devil everyday ?
N/A

Election Fever

I think they had it right in Brewsters Millions,

Somone start a campaign for...

NONE OF THE ABOVE!!
Alecto
Grafter

Election Fever

your forgot to add "and hang the lot of them!"
Alecto
Grafter

Election Fever

Is it just me or is Tony Blah looking more like the devil everyday ?

He's certainly got mad eyes, but nobody except me seems able to see that he puts on a weird and shifty look when he's lying (which is most of the time).
Clinton used to do the same, but Bush doesn't cos he doesn't even know what planet he's on.
N/A

Election Fever

your forgot to add "and hang the lot of them!"

yeah but when its done properly, the hangee (??) doesnt feel any pain, is that fairlol?
holdtight
Grafter

Election Fever

I think a NONE OF THE ABOVE campaign is a great idea and could catch on real fast

robynfali if there`s no pain it wouldnt be right, it would have to be slow and lingering
Alecto
Grafter

Election Fever

if there`s no pain it wouldnt be right, it would have to be slow and lingering

sorry, I forgot I was among liberals.

How about "None of the above. Take them all out to be eaten alive by ants"

or there could be a second ballot paper with a choice of painful deaths for the candidates. That would certainly be a way of getting more people to the polling booths. I wonder if Bliar would be so keen on choice then.
N/A

Election Fever

Politions are terribly overworked. For the first time ever my wife and I went to see ours, we wanted some advice, which we did not get. I felt so sorry for him, he could not stop yawning, yes I know I can be boring. His excuse was that he had been working all day, this was abour 7.30 at night. Many was the time, when I did work, that I worked all day, through the night and next day, but I would not have dared yawn in front of the customer. Also the youngsters often work very long hours. Still, I don't supose they have the chance to sleep on those lovely comfortable benches, whether back or front.
N/A

Election Fever

Politions are terribly overworked

Now where's my violin.........damm it's too small to play. lol

I have little to no symapthy for MPs, they choose to stand, and they know full well what they are getting into.

I feel the phrase.......if you can't stand the heat........
Alecto
Grafter

Election Fever

Politions are terribly overworked..

Ee by gum!
It must be tiring pocketing all those brown envelopes, checking your bank statement to make sure you've got the £200k in salary plus expenses and having it away with your secretary. Not to mention lining up a plum job for when you don't get voted in again.
Oh yes, and going to the odd "surgery" to yawn at Joe Public and treat him with the disdain you think he deserves. And of course there's always turning up in London, on expenses, to vote the way you're told to.
At least there's no skill involved.
Metalguru
Grafter

Election Fever

.................. and don't forget when they voted for an increase to their own MP's pension entitlement (Surprise Surprise).

Whilst at the same time shafting everyone else's pension funds.

Next Please.