Ebay Buyout???

Community Veteran

Ebay Buyout???

21 REPLIES
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

Why so bad?
Is it just that you like it [ebay] working? :lol:

I bet there would be a crackdown on MS software being sold via ebay too, to make sure that it is legal etc....
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

You would have to pay for a copy of the latest licence everytime you bought something and sold something aswell.
Community Veteran

Ebay Buyout???

Ebay is by far one of the most evil and greedy companies I have the displeasure of dealing with. I can't imagine it would be any worse. A crack down on illegally sold software (as well as scams, pyramid schemes and ebooks) on Ebay would be a welcome thing.
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

Surely the two sentences should be seperated to make sure its clear you are not accusing eBay of selling the dodgy stuff?
I agree that its about time eBay got back to its roots and provided a safe environment for people to buy and sell goods without fear of scams.
Community Veteran

Ebay Buyout???

Nope,

As far as im concerned EBay are responsible because they don't do jack to stop it and don't take action when things are reported to them.

Oh I've deleted your duplicate posting btw.

Chris
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

gotta agree with fa55 on this one (becoming a habit this)

eBay is full of liars, con artists rip offs and cheats...and they DO NOTHING when you complain about it, and people know this, so they go there and sell things even more...I remember the Yahoo auctions..its a shame that folded!!

Go on, sell of to microsoft...it might not be better, but it sure as hell couldnt be worse
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

I will agree with Chris.

I have had transactions in the not so distant past which have not worked out as planned. 1 of these was done using paypal and 1 not so. When the transaction started turning bad I contacted ebay who in turn passed the buck to paypal who in turn said..."We will investigate". Little did I know at the time that what was happening was that I was getting scammed and so the buyer claimed the money back for reasons x y and z.
Without a second thought ( or investigation ) Paypal removed the money from my account and handed it back to the buyer. I was protected and the buyewr was registered etc. So on this occassion I not only lost the item but also a few hundred £'s on top.

The second was by using postal orders. I was the buyer on this occassion ( having done away with paypal ). Once again I paid and waited for delivery. I waited and waited. Next thing I know I had an unpaid item notice on my account from the person of whom I was awaiting the good's. I did everything by the book and even informed ebay who said that they would investigate it. But due to them not supporting anything as a payment method unless it were paypal it was limited as to what it could do.
This transaction left me with an non-paying bidders strike and neg feedback despite having paid. Ebays response at my request to remove the feedback and strike was - We are sorry but you need to pay the seller and then ask the seller to remove them.

So what does ebay actually do apart from rob us all blind?
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

I bought a pair of garfield curtains, (sad I know, but I am a collecter and have near £10,000 worth of stuff)

These curtains were for a room that housed my collection, they only cost £12, paid the seller, waited for my curtains and NOTHING!, got in contact with ebay, and was told that because it was below £15 I couldnt claim jack £"$.

Thats just ONE of the occasions that I have been ripped off, they should FORCE escrow on every sale so that no one gets cash til the transaction is complete!, Mind you on the above case, it wouldnt have helped tom in one instant...sod it, just close the bloody thing
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

He he he,

And whilst we are on about ebay

TAKE A LOOK
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

Sounds like fun!
Never been ripped off yet, although I have stopped using eBay in favour of proper online shops etc.
I didn't stop for any real reason, I just kinda stopped.
The more I hear about eBay these days though, the less inclined I feel to go back there to buy or sell.
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

I think ebay is another one of these companies that became too big, too fast too quick, and now is suffering ( or at least its users ) as a consequence.
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

They should have some sort of rule regarding ridiculous postage charges too.

Thats probably one of the reasons I got bored looking.

4GB CF card for just £20?
Plus £40 post and packing. Plus compulsory insurance at £20

Just ridiculous - what is the point?

All costs should be rolled up, so if you look at ebay.co.uk, you get the full cost, including all charges, for postage to the uk on the auction list view.

I have all the columns showing, so I can add up all the costs, but TBH I can't be bothered - it makes it time consuming to scan through lists to see what you might be interested in.
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

I have the columns added in too. I often have it set so I do not see any other listings from outside the uk.

The only time I find these high postage charges is when its shipped from outside the UK.
N/A

Ebay Buyout???

I bought a pair of garfield curtains, (sad I know, but I am a collecter and have near £10,000 worth of stuff)

Not at all sad, my garden shed has internet and surround sound.
That might be considered sad, the wife thinks it is, the 3 eldest also think it's sad, the youngest 1 thinks it's cool.