cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail usage....How can I use my old e-mail??

N/A

E-mail usage....How can I use my old e-mail??

Hi,
I just subscribed to Plus Net ADSL. I have one question that might be very easy to answer but I am completely stuck so here it goes.
I had a freeserve account and I do not want to change my e-mail to the plus net one since everyone knows my freeserve one. I am trying to send e-mails with the freeserve account but I get an error message and the mail stays in the outbox folder.
Any ideas on how can I overcome this problem?
Marios
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: E-mail usage....How can I use my old e-mail??

> Any ideas on how can I overcome this problem?
> Marios

Hi...

I'm going to have to make some assumptions when answering your question etc.

If your using MS Outlook or Express, then I think you need to make sure that in the program settings, the Outgoing Server (SMTP) needs to be set correctly for Freeserve. I'm not sure what it is, possibly smtp.freeserve.net but I'm sure someone will correct me etc.

I hope that helps ?

Regards,

Dave W
elton
Grafter

> > Any ideas on how can I overcome this problem?
> > Marios
>
> Hi...
>
> I'm going to have to make some assumptions when answering your question etc.
>
> If your using MS Outlook or Express, then I think you need to make sure that in the program settings, the Outgoing Server (SMTP) needs to be set correctly for Freeserve. I'm not sure what it is, possibly smtp.freeserve.net but I'm sure someone will correct me etc.
>
> I hope that helps ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave W

Sorry to contradict Dave, but you need to leave the incoming mail server setting as it is (for FreeServe) and change the outgoing server to relay.plus.net

You'll find this setting in Outlook under tools/accounts/mail/properties/servers

--
Skonko!
N/A

> Sorry to contradict Dave

No offence taken.... I would rather someone correct me etc, at least then I learn from my mistakes Shocked)

Cheers,

Dave W
N/A

Thanks a lot guys....I changed the outgoing server and it works fine now...:-)
Marios

> > > Any ideas on how can I overcome this problem?
> > > Marios
> >
> > Hi...
> >
> > I'm going to have to make some assumptions when answering your question etc.
> >
> > If your using MS Outlook or Express, then I think you need to make sure that in the program settings, the Outgoing Server (SMTP) needs to be set correctly for Freeserve. I'm not sure what it is, possibly smtp.freeserve.net but I'm sure someone will correct me etc.
> >
> > I hope that helps ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave W
>
> Sorry to contradict Dave, but you need to leave the incoming mail server setting as it is (for FreeServe) and change the outgoing server to relay.plus.net
>
> You'll find this setting in Outlook under tools/accounts/mail/properties/servers
>
>
> --
> Skonko!