cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-commerce

N/A

E-commerce

Is anyone hosting any sort of e-commerce application on a Force9 account ?
If so can you give me a few pointers please ?

I had planned to use PHP and MySQL but now find that SSL isn't supported on the CGI server. Are there any other options or do I have to find an ISP that can offer SSL ?

TIA

Anne
6 REPLIES
N/A

Re: E-commerce

Is anyone hosting any sort of e-commerce application on a Force9 account ?
If so can you give me a few pointers please ?

Read this forum. Decide whether you want to host your ecommerce site as an interesting challenging pastime or as part of a business. If the latter you may be taking an unnecessary risk.

I had planned to use PHP and MySQL but now find that SSL isn't supported on the CGI server. Are there any other options or do I have to find an ISP that can offer SSL ?

Again, read the forum. php/mysql/cgi are totally unsupported by Force9 and give considerable trouble.
N/A

Actinic

Hi

Take a look at the postings I have been doing. Since force9 went over to the new CGI Platform I have no help support at all only please post your enquiry to the Form. That’s ok but you do not get any reply.

I have been running Actinic as a Business on the old CGI Platform for two years with out any trouble, not now the new one does not work as it should.

Regards

UN Happy
N/A

E-commerce

Thanks for your comments.

You've confirmed what I'd already guessed. I think we need to look elsewhere if we want to do this properly.

Cheers,

Anne
N/A

Hosting

Hi

Check out a company at www.pinbrook.net.

It is one of the company's that Actinic suggest.

But before you do give me a few more days as I am trying something on force9 that may work.

Regards

Patrick Kirkland
N/A

E-commerce

1&1 seem to be very big and give some good deals on hosting - incl shared SSL with PHP support and a free .co.uk domain from 4.99+VAT, another 4 quid+VAT if you want perl & an SQL database.

[f9 dig] And guess what, there are daily backups on all packages !! [/f9 dig]
N/A

Hosting

Hi

Thanks for that I will take a look.

Regards

Pat