cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamode A360 Modem

N/A

Dynamode A360 Modem

Hello
Has anyone else had problems with the software supplied with the Dynamode A360 ADSL USB Modem.
When I install it fatal errors occur in Outlook Express, Internet Explorer & other programs relevent to internet access. I have had to uninstall it & back up the registry. Even downloading new drivers doesn't help.
A borrowed Westell modem works perfectly.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Dynamode A360 Modem

Oh forgot to mention my operating system is Windows 98SE
N/A

> Oh forgot to mention my operating system is Windows 98SE

Hi,
I seriously wonder if many of your problems are caused by an operating system version conflict or incompatibility. After all win98 was created well before ADSL took off, Yes! I know this shouldn't make any difference but I wonder if it does in reality? Especially as updated drivers don't in this case seem to have helped. I've installed broadband services to client who was running win98 desktops and we had many version conflict problems especially with IE4 & OE4. We had to upgrade the machines to IE6 & OE6 before things noticably improved.

--
N/A

>
Hi
Thanks for your advise, already have IE6 & OE6 installed. Took my system & modem to local computer shop today, engineer also thinks problem could be with 500mhz processor (to think 500mhz was the fastest available when we bought it). We will upgrade our system this year & try the Dynamode modem again then, until that time the old Westell seems to be operating happily.
N/A

> >
> Hi
> Thanks for your advise, already have IE6 & OE6 installed. Took my system & modem to local computer shop today, engineer also thinks problem could be with 500mhz processor (to think 500mhz was the fastest available when we bought it). We will upgrade our system this year & try the Dynamode modem again then, until that time the old Westell seems to be operating happily.

Hi,
If you are going to upgrade your system at some point in the next year, I would highly recommend that you upgrade the version of windows operating system that you run. I would suggest that you run
either windows2000 Pro or windowsXP Pro as these are designed far more for broadband than previous versions (such as win98 or winME). I think your dynamode a360 modem will work better with a more recent windows version. Hope you get your CPU sorted out.

Best Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

>Thanks for your help Ivan, will act on your advise when the time comes. Sorry for the delay in responding, have been away from the computer for a few days.

Geoff