cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping Tables

N/A

Dropping Tables

Thanks to a couple of bodged attempts at installing the latest ikonboard, I've now got rather a lot of tables to delete from my database. However I don't seem to be able to do a simple DROP TABLE command. I've tried connecting via MYSQL-Front, MySQL command line over telnet, and using PHPMyAdmin but everytime I try the DROP command I'm told that I don't have permission. The only reason I want to be able to do this is that using the provided graphical mysql admin in the portal takes forever to delete individual tables.
5 REPLIES
Sword
Grafter

RE: Dropping Tables

> Thanks to a couple of bodged attempts at installing the latest ikonboard, I've now got rather a lot of tables to delete from my database. However I don't seem to be able to do a simple DROP TABLE command. I've tried connecting via MYSQL-Front, MySQL command line over telnet, and using PHPMyAdmin but everytime I try the DROP command I'm told that I don't have permission. The only reason I want to be able to do this is that using the provided graphical mysql admin in the portal takes forever to delete individual tables.

I've been experimenting with MySQl for the first time this week and am having exactly the same problem with phpmyadmin. I've only a couple of tables I want to drop, so could you tell me how to use the graphical mysql admin you talk about above?
Much obliged,
Simon
N/A

The graphical tool provided by Force 9 is available by clicking on TOOLS on the menu on the left. One of the options is MYSQL Admin. From there you can delete tables, although you have to go through about four screens for each table. Theres no batch deleting, nor can you run a simple DROP TABLE query in it. In the end I just gave up and now host with another company. Probably be a bit cheeky to mention their name here though
Sword
Grafter

> The graphical tool provided by Force 9 is available by clicking on TOOLS on the menu on the left. One of the options is MYSQL Admin. From there you can delete tables, although you have to go through about four screens for each table. Theres no batch deleting, nor can you run a simple DROP TABLE query in it. In the end I just gave up and now host with another company. Probably be a bit cheeky to mention their name here though

I found it this afternoon, but thanks for your reply. Not being to use a drop table query is a pain, so I'll look into the multi-stage process you talk about.
Thanks once again,
Simon.
N/A

Dropping Tables

I've had the same problem for a while now... but i downloaded a MySQL GUI a while ago and it allows me to drop the tables... ?! strange... but works!

As helpfull as this is, i can't remember the name of it, and it's on my home computer so will try to get back to you on that name...if your interested...

Liam
N/A

Dropping Tables

the best tool is here http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/