cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading ! shocking I know

N/A

Hi, Im currently on Small Business Premier setup - but I've found I dont actually need this anymore and would like to change to a cheaper per month service as I dont require the lower contention ratio anymore and my new house is restricted to 1mb anyway (poor line etc), so Im really looking to cut costs and downgrade.

Now what my question is really, do I suffer any charges for a downgrade of account? I've combed the website for any information but can only find info on upgrades (for obvious reasons I guess), but theres always customers that need catering for outside of an upgrade Smiley

Any help would be appreciated.. and if this is in the wrong forum - apologies.
6 REPLIES
N/A

£14.99 to downgrade any package, unless they have changed the pricing structure recently.

Regards

Mark
N/A

Hello,

Brace yourself as I think I'm right in what I'm about to say. Yes! upgrades or regrades are generally free because your going from say a slower speed service such as 512K to a 2Meg service, or a lower specification accoun type to say a premier service (change of account type). Usually this means it costs more and so F9 PN make more money from the customer.

**However, if you downgrade from say a 2Meg service to 512K, or from Premier to say PAYG account type then generally you will be charged a fee for this process, something in order of £15 one off fee. Why? my guess is because this way F9 dont loose any money or potential loss of profit.

Ivan
N/A

We just got charged £56 to down grade from 8Mb to 2Mb but it's going to be worth it because I'll soon be able to get rid of our Force9 account all together Cheesy
N/A

Hi,

£56 Whaaaa!!! ouwch how come you got charged that amount? how can that amount be justified, is it because its a business service??

Ivan
N/A

I don't know why it's so much but frankly I've lost all patience with Force9 and have already switched almost everything to Zen. Customers all over the UK have commented how much faster our website responds and most importantly we can update our webpages now without it disconnecting every 3 files !
N/A

Hi,

Yes! I know Ian one of F9's previous forum administrating moderators also lost faith & patience with PN and moved to Zen and he seemed extremely happy after the move. I'd move myself but for the costs & associated hassles like moving my domain,etc. Zen would probably be the providor I'd migrate too as well I've hear some good reports.

**Although to be totally fair I have hear that even Zen will be introducing some sort of either Cap or limits. I dont know if they are still offering an unlimited service still but even if they are I'm sure the pricing will reflect this.

**any comments re: zen would be of interest!!

Ivan