cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain at Home

N/A

Domain at Home

I am trying to run a Domain from home along with Exchange .
I want my domain pointing to my Static address and my mail delivered to my Exchange.

I have made the following changes to my Domain settings in the Force 9 portal;

Mail settings - set to SMTP
Domain Host Settings set to OTHER
Addition DNS Settings are set as
Left Field Type Pri Right Field
www.glostrain.co.uk. a ip address here
mx 5 mail.glostrain.co.uk
mx 5 smtp.glostrain.co.uk
fairyman1 cname www.glostrain.co.uk

I have set my server up with a SMTP connector along with the necessary email setting to accept mail for the above Domain.

When i Ping my Domain i only get a response from 212.159.8.1 which i believe is Force 9.
When mail is sent, it get returned with the message 'too many headers' possible loop

Please Help, any advice would be appreciated.

Fairyman
2 REPLIES
N/A

Domain at Home

Have you taken note of the advice given in the Setting up Domain Records tutorial?

In particular pay attention to dots (or the absence of dots) at the end of host names -- very important. If you fully qualify a host name, in general there must be a dot at the end, otherwise DNS will append the domain name again!
N/A

Domain Setup

Cheesy I have taken your advice, I think i was trying to be too complicated with the setup, it is now working, :can i thankyou for your advice and input, i am over the moon now that i have got it working ' Hip Hip Hooray' Thanks again

Fairyman
(oh, by the way, My Handle is only because i have an interest in the small people)