cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone detect better connection rate today

N/A

Does anyone detect better connection rate today

The blurb says it going to get better today, has anyone found this to be true?
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Does anyone detect better connection rate todayREPLY

> The blurb says it going to get better today, has anyone found this to be true?

Hi,
Well to be frank my ADSL Bandwidth is as poor today after 6am as it has been for the last 2 weeks. It was 173Kbps Downlink & 41Kbps Uplink at lunchtime today.

Ivan
--
N/A

> > The blurb says it going to get better today, has anyone found this to be true?
>
> Hi,
> Well to be frank my ADSL Bandwidth is as poor today after 6am as it has been for the last 2 weeks. It was 173Kbps Downlink & 41Kbps Uplink at lunchtime today.
>
> Ivan
>
> --
>

I logged onto the net really quick this morning and general browsing did seem better. However, watching a 300kbps streaming video was still crap. Perhaps its just my line. I dont know.
N/A

As I said in my other post on the subject on our 1Mbps ADSL at the office I got

~875kbps downstream and
~234kbps upstream

I took both the monitor.force9.net and adslguide.org.uk tests and both were with our web proxy and mail server still running (therefore impinging slightly on the results). Oh and these tests were taken at about 15:30
N/A

Damn thing timing out here's the original post I referred to:

Well in our office we've got a 1Mbps package and thanks to the recent problems, I was able to spot a slight problem with our configuration. Basically we had a mail server/proxy running, but due to the fact that we have a routed link to another office the LAN facing card has to have a gateway set to the routers IP as well as that of the ADSL router on the other NIC. Well yesterday when I was doing various things to improve our performance I noticed that disabling the LAN side gave me perfect performance from the ADSL, although slightly slower than usual just first loading a page. The problem seemed to be that if a request didn't get answered straight off from the ADSL NIC then it tried to route the request out through to the other offices network (wondered why their WAN phone bill was so high Smiley )

So today I set up another machine for web/mail proxying and set the mail server to use that to get data from (as thats just local network now), and it works fine, just it's still a little slow loading a page to begin with.

Anyway ran monitor.force9.net and adslguide.org.uk speed tests and got ~875kbps downstream and ~234kbps upstream which is the usual speed of things, given that the mail server is usually active. Just it's still a little slow initially loading a page.