cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does WAP work ?

N/A

Does WAP work ?

Hi All

I am new to F9 and I am trying to read .wml files that are stored on my webspace via my mobile.

I have read all the old threads on this subject and tried all the suggestions but all I get is the 'Not Found' error.

Has anyone managed to get a wap page on F9 webspace?

Thanks for any advice...
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Does WAP work ?

Hello

It wouldn't be an o2 or T-mobile phone that you are using would it?

I have the same problem with my site with my o2 phone... it just says page not found when I try to access it. The strange thing is that it works perfectly on friends vodaphone and orange phones so there can't be anything invalid with the wml pages themselves... just the genie gateway.

I tried for weeks to get some help from o2 on the subject, be they just kept passing me from department to department and i'll need to wait for pay day before I can afford to call their 50p a minute helplines again !

Trying it from another angle, I raised a ticket with f9, but they just told me they didn't offer support on the subject. Give them a go yourself, and see if you are more lucky.... I'd have thought they may have been concerned their web-sites weren't reaching their maximum audience. Still, that's life.

Good Luck
Allan
N/A

RE: Does WAP work ?

Thanks for the reply Allan.

I have raised a ticket with Force9.. I will also try genie...
I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

> Hello
>
> It wouldn't be an o2 or T-mobile phone that you are using would it?
>
> I have the same problem with my site with my o2 phone... it just says page not found when I try to access it. The strange thing is that it works perfectly on friends vodaphone and orange phones so there can't be anything invalid with the wml pages themselves... just the genie gateway.
>
> I tried for weeks to get some help from o2 on the subject, be they just kept passing me from department to department and i'll need to wait for pay day before I can afford to call their 50p a minute helplines again !
>
> Trying it from another angle, I raised a ticket with f9, but they just told me they didn't offer support on the subject. Give them a go yourself, and see if you are more lucky.... I'd have thought they may have been concerned their web-sites weren't reaching their maximum audience. Still, that's life.
>
> Good Luck
> Allan
>

N/A

Does WAP work ?

I've had it working on the cgi server and im on O2....

Good luck!
N/A

Does WAP work ?

Hello !

Which page/url were you trying? I'm still getting "Page not found" on mine...
I wonder if it's because i'm using a cgi. subdomain of my domain rather than cgi.<username>.force9.co.uk ? Maybe something to do with the way force9 use redirect the traffic...

Ta

Allan