cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do they actually ask for acceptance?

N/A

Do they actually ask for acceptance?

Hello All,

Been bounced around by Force9 for the last few months now since they continually take funds from my Switch card without asking my permission. Has this happend to anyone else? Do they actually ask for your permission as they state on this website?

Cheers,

Chris
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Do they actually ask for acceptance?

> Hello All,
>
> Been bounced around by Force9 for the last few months now since they continually take funds from my Switch card without asking my permission. Has this happend to anyone else? Do they actually ask for your permission as they state on this website?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,
Yes! I use this method of payment and certainly giving your switch & account details amounts to you giving authorisation for payment/s to be made from your account as far as I can see. Once you've given the card details it becomes like a DD or SO its a regular monthly payment (or whatever frequency of payment you have arranged with F9). But to reiterate giving card details is the same as authorisation, in the sense that F9 dont have to keep asking you for the payments (that would be a huge hassle for them & a waste of time and I guess this why they like cards in general).

--
N/A

Looks like their system is actually screwed up, and theirll be doing DD etc only in future. They legally cannot take funds without your permission, so you could legally let them take funds out of your account for a few years then claim it all back from your bank as stolen money.
N/A

Huge hassle? Its an automated system. They dont have to do squat.
N/A

> Huge hassle? Its an automated system. They dont have to do squat.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply but as far as I am concerned the only question thats relevant here for you is "You either do or dont trust F9 with your money in return for the promist service".

Frankly ALL business is about trust and if you dont have that trust then as far as I can see you dont have a good business relationship with your supplier.

Yes! it may be an automated system but consider F9's point of view too for a moment here, you are NOT the only customer they have to deal with in a fair & reasonable manner. OK so its an automated system but its probably quite appropriate for all we know when your system has to deal with hundreds even possibly thousands of customers & financial transactions. Its probably quite logical, you might NOT like it but what else would you use to reach the same ends (i.e. taking funds accurately on a regular basis).

PS: If you still dont trust F9 with your hard earned money you can always pull the plug on them and go else where to another ISP if your that unhappy.

--
N/A

Not really that bothered by their service, and they seem to be reliable enough most of the time, but its just bugging me. You mention trust, and not the only customer but:

'Switch payments - If you choose to pay for your subscription with a Switch debit card, you will need to authorise each individual payment before it can be taken from your account. This is done via the My section of the Portal, and we will also remind you by email before each payment is due.'

If their system is not doing this then they are breaking everyones trust, who uses switch without a direct debit, by taking their money without first gaining they permission as they said they would do.

This is kinda a circular argument. Yes, at the end of the day there is not really any problem, but Force9 continue to print a statement on their website, which may sway people into signing up with them, which they just do not hold upto.
N/A

> Not really that bothered by their service, and they seem to be reliable enough most of the time, but its just bugging me. You mention trust, and not the only customer but:
>
> 'Switch payments - If you choose to pay for your subscription with a Switch debit card, you will need to authorise each individual payment before it can be taken from your account. This is done via the My section of the Portal, and we will also remind you by email before each payment is due.'
>
> If their system is not doing this then they are breaking everyones trust, who uses switch without a direct debit, by taking their money without first gaining they permission as they said they would do.
>
> This is kinda a circular argument. Yes, at the end of the day there is not really any problem, but Force9 continue to print a statement on their website, which may sway people into signing up with them, which they just do not hold upto.

Hi,
Once again I would like to tell you that I pay for my F9 service via switch and I have had no serious problems with this method of taking funds. 1) I know how much is taken 2) I know within 1 or 2 days when its going to be taken 3) Yes! I do receive emails telling me payment has been taken 4)If I want to pull the plug on F9 thats my right and I can do that any time I wish 5) You also have the same rights to do the same if your unhappy with the service.

**No! your incorrect I have never had to authorise every monthly payment to F9. Why would I need to do this if I have already given explicit & implicit authorisation to F9 to take these payments etc. either by switch or some form of DD.

--
N/A

> Once again... **No!...

Yes, no, yes, no -> A circular argument.

> .... your incorrect I have never had to >authorise every monthly payment to F9.

Hey, its not me but F9 who are incorrect bub. That line looks like an admittence to invalidating their statement below. Their system doesnt work with you either :-P

'Switch payments - If you choose to pay for your subscription with a Switch debit card, you will need to authorise each individual payment before it can be taken from your account. This is done via the My section of the Portal, and we will also remind you by email before each payment is due.'