cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissatisfied Force 9 Customer

N/A

I am a new Force 9 customer who has signed up to Force 9’s ADSL Home service.

I originally applied for an account in mid-April 2003 and, due to supposed ‘technical problems’ which Force 9 said meant that I couldn’t have ADSL on my BT line (which it turned out weren’t a problem, once a BT engineer came round and told me that there was no reason why I couldn’t have ADSL on my line) and an administrative error in the processing of my account by Force 9, my ADSL line did not become active until Friday the 9th May 2003. A bad start, but I hoped that things would run more smoothly from here on. Not so, unfortunately.

It is now Sunday the 18th may 2003, and I have still be unable to make any use of the Force 9 ADSL service that I have paid the initial setup fee for, and am now paying a monthly line rental for. I am having problems getting my computer to talk to Force 9, despite many hours of frustration and my best efforts to set everything up correctly, as best I can, according to the information provided on Force 9’s web site and the manual for the Router that I am using for this. I have two PC’s in my house (mine and my girlfriends) which I am trying to connect both up to ADSL through an ADSL Modem Router. For the moment, I am only trying to connect my PC to ADSL, and thought I would worry about setting up my girlfriends computer at a later date.

Now, whilst I am not a computer ‘expert’, I do use computers a lot, and so am not completely ignorant when it comes to basic day to day usage of a computer. I have however no experience of setting up ADSL or Networking computers to get ADSL on both my home computers. Having followed the information provided on Force 9’s web site as closely as possible, and also setting up my Router as per it’s instructions in the manual, I had still failed to get a connection to the Internet - although my computer is clearly talking quite happily to the Router. There was some ISP specific information that the Router’s manual said I required which was not given on Force 9’s web site, and so I made a careful note of the information I required and called Force 9’s Customer Support to try to get some, well, Customer Support, and the answers to my questions.

When I got through to Force 9’s Customer Support, the person that I spoke to at Force 9 was extremely unhelpful at first, made it clear that he did not appreciate me wasting his time with questions that, according to him, were to do with setting up my router and nothing to do with Force 9. I did not appreciate his attitude, rude manner and unhelpfulness, and explained to him that I was in fact trying to ask him questions that were specific to ISP settings, to which he was extremely dismissive and patronising. I said to him that I found him extremely rude and unhelpful, and did not appreciate his manner, and asked for his name to make a complaint, to which he replied; “My name is Steve, and I am sick and tired with talking to people like you all day.”, and hung up. I have since found out that the individual in question is Mr Steve Dean, and it seems quite clear that customer satisfaction and service is something to which Mr Dean holds a very low regard to. I have since lodged a complaint against Mr Dean, to which I amazed at his arrogance, as he continues to respond to my complaints about him, himself and reply that my complaint is completely unfounded and he is completely in the right.

Meanwhile, I still am unable to make any use of the ADSL Home service that I have been paying for since the 9th of May 2003.

I want to know how Force 9 are going to deal with Mr Dean’s atrocious attitude towards customer service, and I want to know what Force 9 are going to do to help me make use of my ADSL Home service?

Yours,

Carlo Borsattino

Dissatisfied Force 9 Customer.
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Dissatisfied Force 9 Customer

> I am a new Force 9 customer who has signed up to Force 9’s ADSL Home service.
>
> I originally applied for an account in mid-April 2003 and, due to supposed ‘technical problems’ which Force 9 said meant that I couldn’t have ADSL on my BT line (which it turned out weren’t a problem, once a BT engineer came round and told me that there was no reason why I couldn’t have ADSL on my line) and an administrative error in the processing of my account by Force 9, my ADSL line did not become active until Friday the 9th May 2003. A bad start, but I hoped that things would run more smoothly from here on. Not so, unfortunately.
>
> It is now Sunday the 18th may 2003, and I have still be unable to make any use of the Force 9 ADSL service that I have paid the initial setup fee for, and am now paying a monthly line rental for. I am having problems getting my computer to talk to Force 9, despite many hours of frustration and my best efforts to set everything up correctly, as best I can, according to the information provided on Force 9’s web site and the manual for the Router that I am using for this. I have two PC’s in my house (mine and my girlfriends) which I am trying to connect both up to ADSL through an ADSL Modem Router. For the moment, I am only trying to connect my PC to ADSL, and thought I would worry about setting up my girlfriends computer at a later date.
>
> Now, whilst I am not a computer ‘expert’, I do use computers a lot, and so am not completely ignorant when it comes to basic day to day usage of a computer. I have however no experience of setting up ADSL or Networking computers to get ADSL on both my home computers. Having followed the information provided on Force 9’s web site as closely as possible, and also setting up my Router as per it’s instructions in the manual, I had still failed to get a connection to the Internet - although my computer is clearly talking quite happily to the Router. There was some ISP specific information that the Router’s manual said I required which was not given on Force 9’s web site, and so I made a careful note of the information I required and called Force 9’s Customer Support to try to get some, well, Customer Support, and the answers to my questions.
>
> When I got through to Force 9’s Customer Support, the person that I spoke to at Force 9 was extremely unhelpful at first, made it clear that he did not appreciate me wasting his time with questions that, according to him, were to do with setting up my router and nothing to do with Force 9. I did not appreciate his attitude, rude manner and unhelpfulness, and explained to him that I was in fact trying to ask him questions that were specific to ISP settings, to which he was extremely dismissive and patronising. I said to him that I found him extremely rude and unhelpful, and did not appreciate his manner, and asked for his name to make a complaint, to which he replied; “My name is Steve, and I am sick and tired with talking to people like you all day.”, and hung up. I have since found out that the individual in question is Mr Steve Dean, and it seems quite clear that customer satisfaction and service is something to which Mr Dean holds a very low regard to. I have since lodged a complaint against Mr Dean, to which I amazed at his arrogance, as he continues to respond to my complaints about him, himself and reply that my complaint is completely unfounded and he is completely in the right.
>
> Meanwhile, I still am unable to make any use of the ADSL Home service that I have been paying for since the 9th of May 2003.
>
> I want to know how Force 9 are going to deal with Mr Dean’s atrocious attitude towards customer service, and I want to know what Force 9 are going to do to help me make use of my ADSL Home service?
>
>
>
> Yours,
>
> Carlo Borsattino
>
> Dissatisfied Force 9 Customer.

Dear Carlo,
First of all I was very sad to read your posting and also very sad that you have not received the help you feel you needed & deserved. I want to tell you that I have been an F9 customer for almost 5 years now & I have received a good quality of service from plusnet & force9 in that time,please DONT be put off bye this experience (Yes!easy for me too say)as its not the normal user experience.

1)Even computer support staff DO HAVE BAD days but having said that there is no excuse for being rude,abrupt or patronising towards customers no matter how eperienced they may be,this is just common sense and good business practise.

2)Your problem with your router is a common one and the fact is that nobody tells users just how complex and difficult routers are too configure. Look I have 10years plus computing experience & an MCSE windows2000 and I only configured my first router about 6months ago. Routers ARE very complex devices and sorry! to say this but it requires considerable knowledge & experience to configure one correctly.

*if you are still struggling with trying to configure your router then please please may I suggest that you try and find someone to help you? someone who has previous experience of setting up and configuring a router. It could save you many hours of pain & frustration.

Best Regards
Ivan Ratoyevsky
--
N/A

> I am a new Force 9 customer who has signed up to Force 9’s ADSL Home service.
>
> I originally applied for an account in mid-April 2003 and, due to supposed ‘technical problems’ which Force 9 said meant that I couldn’t have ADSL on my BT line (which it turned out weren’t a problem, once a BT engineer came round and told me that there was no reason why I couldn’t have ADSL on my line) and an administrative error in the processing of my account by Force 9, my ADSL line did not become active until Friday the 9th May 2003. A bad start, but I hoped that things would run more smoothly from here on. Not so, unfortunately.
>
> It is now Sunday the 18th may 2003, and I have still be unable to make any use of the Force 9 ADSL service that I have paid the initial setup fee for, and am now paying a monthly line rental for. I am having problems getting my computer to talk to Force 9, despite many hours of frustration and my best efforts to set everything up correctly, as best I can, according to the information provided on Force 9’s web site and the manual for the Router that I am using for this. I have two PC’s in my house (mine and my girlfriends) which I am trying to connect both up to ADSL through an ADSL Modem Router. For the moment, I am only trying to connect my PC to ADSL, and thought I would worry about setting up my girlfriends computer at a later date.
>
> Now, whilst I am not a computer ‘expert’, I do use computers a lot, and so am not completely ignorant when it comes to basic day to day usage of a computer. I have however no experience of setting up ADSL or Networking computers to get ADSL on both my home computers. Having followed the information provided on Force 9’s web site as closely as possible, and also setting up my Router as per it’s instructions in the manual, I had still failed to get a connection to the Internet - although my computer is clearly talking quite happily to the Router. There was some ISP specific information that the Router’s manual said I required which was not given on Force 9’s web site, and so I made a careful note of the information I required and called Force 9’s Customer Support to try to get some, well, Customer Support, and the answers to my questions.
>
> When I got through to Force 9’s Customer Support, the person that I spoke to at Force 9 was extremely unhelpful at first, made it clear that he did not appreciate me wasting his time with questions that, according to him, were to do with setting up my router and nothing to do with Force 9. I did not appreciate his attitude, rude manner and unhelpfulness, and explained to him that I was in fact trying to ask him questions that were specific to ISP settings, to which he was extremely dismissive and patronising. I said to him that I found him extremely rude and unhelpful, and did not appreciate his manner, and asked for his name to make a complaint, to which he replied; “My name is Steve, and I am sick and tired with talking to people like you all day.”, and hung up. I have since found out that the individual in question is Mr Steve Dean, and it seems quite clear that customer satisfaction and service is something to which Mr Dean holds a very low regard to. I have since lodged a complaint against Mr Dean, to which I amazed at his arrogance, as he continues to respond to my complaints about him, himself and reply that my complaint is completely unfounded and he is completely in the right.
>
> Meanwhile, I still am unable to make any use of the ADSL Home service that I have been paying for since the 9th of May 2003.
>
> I want to know how Force 9 are going to deal with Mr Dean’s atrocious attitude towards customer service, and I want to know what Force 9 are going to do to help me make use of my ADSL Home service?
>
>
>
> Yours,
>
> Carlo Borsattino
>
> Dissatisfied Force 9 Customer.

Hi Carlo,
Sorry to hear of your problems, but my experience might point you in the right direction.

I could not connect with my conexant based etec router when first connected, after a frustrating couple of hours I rang f9 and was talked through the settings of which 1 was wrong, I had no name to connect with in 1 of the settings.

F9 went through all the settings, and now I connect first time every time even after a reload.
XP sets itself up to the modem and to the network.

Take Ivans advise and get some help from one who knows how to set routers up.
stevecon
Grafter

Hi Carlo,

Sorry to hear of your bad experience with F9 support. I have always found them helpful in the past.

Why not tell us the make and model of your router and the info you need. I'm sure someone on here will be able to help.

Regards

SteveC
N/A

N/A

I have to agree. Dont seem to be able to support what they are selling. Think they could train chimps off the street better. They told me that BT had not activated my line. I found this difficult to believe being the engineer that actually did the work in the exchange, updated BT's records and notified Plusnets technical contact that all adsl work was complete several days before that spat this story out. Then they killed the dialup which I was using despite having supplied no hardware - 5 days without any connection despite paying some £70. Finally the router that arrives was £10 more than it's rrp and did not support port forwarding for winmx etc. I would call them clowns but they ain't funny. Worst of all i'm stuck with this muppet show for a year and its legal action to get away from these bafoons.
N/A

I originally applied for an account in mid-April 2003 and, due to supposed ‘technical problems’ which Force 9 said meant that I couldn’t have ADSL on my BT line (which it turned out weren’t a problem, once a BT engineer came round and told me that there was no reason why I couldn’t have ADSL on my line) and an administrative error in the processing of my account by Force 9, my ADSL line did not become active until Friday the 9th May 2003. A bad start, but I hoped that things would run more smoothly from here on. Not so, unfortunately.

I had the same problems, eventually resulting in a failure to supply adsl. it took one month and many, many, many emails to sort out. I was lied over and again by being told the refund had been made, it was eventually found that I had been "missed off" the refund list after two weeks of trying to find out. Many "contact us" tickets were raised and ignored, there is no email support and there are long telephone queues. All deliberate ploys to my mind that they do not want you to complain.

I want to know how Force 9 are going to deal with Mr Dean’s atrocious attitude towards customer service, and I want to know what Force 9 are going to do to help me make use of my ADSL Home service?

To be honest, absolutely nothing. That may sound harsh but it is a reality. I have had cause to complain in writing on two accounts, one was even sent by recorded delivery to the MD. i didn't even receive the courtesy of a reply. Customer service is something that F9 tend to shy away from, although you will usually get someone helpful from within willing to help (only because they are trawling the ng's). I ama still awaiting such a courtesy from my latest complaint about how long a refund took.

First of all I was very sad to read your posting and also very sad that you have not received the help you feel you needed & deserved. I want to tell you that I have been an F9 customer for almost 5 years now & I have received a good quality of service from plusnet & force9 in that time,please DONT be put off bye this experience (Yes!easy for me too say)as its not the normal user experience.

Again, unfortunately this is a regular experience. I too have been with F9 since it started and the service over the past six months is the worst it has ever been. I am on a dial up connection, which if you read other posts in this forum, it is as though we are now an obligation to F9 instead of a means of income. The only reason I am still here is because I use the cgi server and fax to email (yes, it does work for us old timers. At least something does!)

If I sound bitter and twisted, it's because I am.

Mark
Mike_Grice
Grafter

Re: Dissatisfied Force 9 Customer

I want to know how Force 9 are going to deal with Mr Dean's atrocious attitude towards customer service, and I want to know what Force 9 are going to do to help me make use of my ADSL Home service?

Hi there,

I recently answered your open ticket, and I trust everything is now in order? I have made sure your complaint has been passed through to Mr. Dean's direct line manager.