cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection and Connection Probems

N/A

Only connects when i use the phone at the same time and as soon as hang up on the phone the modem disconnects also. Tried going from Master socket with different splitters and using different phones but get same result. Did appear to work when no phone was connected to the splitter but as soon as connect phone to splitter and receive a call and hang up modem disconnects.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hello stanscowen,

From the symptoms you described this does sound like the voice channel and the uplink and downlink channels are NOT being kept seperated correctly by the splitter. Seems like the telephone service is stamping over the data channels, humm!! how to solve this might be a little more tricky though.

**Obvious things to try 1) Call BT and ask them to check your phone line but DONT mention anything too do with F9 or the internet problem. See if they detect a problem with your phone line alone. 2) Contact F9 support and ask them if they might be kind enough to run a whoosh test on your phone line/ connection (and before you ask No! BT wont do this test for you either!) 3) try yet another splitter, try another modem or router from a friend or work collegue if you have one, try another telephone handset. The problem could be simple and could be caused by the equipement itself but in any trouble shooting process you have to logically eliminate each possibility one by one in order to pin point the root cause (which can be time consuming too of course!).

Ivan
LiamM
Grafter

Seems to me like a dodgy quality microfilter...

Have you tried it with any other filters?
N/A

Thanks for your help, it started working again the next day and has been working no problem since, guess that it wasn't a problem at my end but either force 9 or BT's.
N/A

Yes! it happens and I'm probably like you I always assume its my fault? glad all's well again and you have a working service running.

Ivan