cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Help for Tsunami Victims

N/A

Just in case some have not donated, go to the following website and make an online donation :
http://www.dec.org.uk/

I'm pretty sure all who read this could contibute something, from £1 pound to £20. Any amount will help.

And for the ones against the other thread about paying an extra penny in the pound and were worried about it not going to the right people, well DEC say that only 1p in every pound is going to admin and transport etc.

If you have donated, reply to this thread with the word "Done"

[Moderator note by acarr (Phil) : Removed comments likely to cause offence]
12 REPLIES
N/A

OK I'll start then..............."Done"
N/A

I've donated my bit.
N/A

and my posts were removed whyHuh

neither of our posts were offensive, we were just having a discussion about it, I could understand if there were swearing or something similar, but not when it was a non heated discusion, not exactly fair chaps!
N/A

robynfali, again, you blott this thread. Your remarks were against the topic, obviously one of the mods decided that it was not in this topics best interest. Why dont you just donate, you will feel better mate.

warmest regards

Andy

I stress again, I dont apologise for pushing this topic, I am also pushing it on other forums, as are others. The more donated, the better, one day, a disaster such as this might befall the UK, and we will need the help of the rest of the world.

[Moderator note by acarr (Phil) : Removed accidental duplicate reply]
Community Veteran

As said earlier by myself and Philip, this thread needs to stay on topic. Any further discussions regarding the removal of posts or argumenative posts and this thread will be locked.

If you are unhappy with the removal of your post PM Philip, myself or another moderator. If you are unhappy with the actions of the moderators then PM one of the PlusNet comms team.

Now lets keep this tread on topic and not derail it any further.

Chris
N/A

Come on people, there must be more willing to donate? Cry

They need our help.
Denzil
Grafter

Done... I am sure many others have as well but do not necessarily want to tell everyone.
N/A

I agree, you are correct, probably many have done. I just felt I had to push here, thats all. Mods, you can close this thread if you want to. It serves no purpose other than to point people to the donation web site, which I am sure most have already seen on TV and in the papers.

Thanks
N/A

since i dont own a debit or credit card its kind of hard to make online donations.... so im off to the local oxfam store on Wednesday when it open Smiley so im almost Done!!!
N/A

Good on yer. Well done.
N/A

Here's an idea, might not work, perhaps might even offend some folk.
Donating to this worthy cause can be one of those things that you want to do, but forget about getting round to doing it.
Could not PlusNet send out an email to its customers asking if peeps want to have PlusNet take say £1, or £5, or £10 or whatever amount from their bank accounts, or have it added to their next subscription and pass it on the correct agencies.
It's just an idea and may not be workable, vat problems possibly.
Another thing to look out for is collection centers for good condition summer type clothing for these poor souls, a chance to help and have a clear out as well.
N/A

I have found something that might interest you, a company I buy supplies from, is sending stuff over there when people buy it through the site,

http://www.spservices.co.uk/disaster.htm