cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deal or No Deal USA

Community Veteran

Deal or No Deal USA

Just seen the promo ad for NBC's Deal or No Deal in the US which starts on Monday - http://video.nbc.com/v/?linkId=28525

I have gone off DOND in recent weeks, and NBC's version looks a lot more classy and sexy compared to ours!

Just check out the models and the prize money!

They get $6,000,000 (£3,200,000) compared to our tiny £250,000!
5 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Re: Deal or No Deal USA

compared to our tiny £250,000!

Size isn't everything, Andy. :lol:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Deal or No Deal USA

I saw the Spanish version while I was on hoilday a few weeks ago, and I must say the presenter was nicer to look at than Noel Edmonds Cheesy

Even telecommunications seemed to be more advanced, a cordless phone was used for phoning the banker instead of the big red one!
Community Veteran

Deal or No Deal USA

same with the USA one, the USA one is very glamourous and sparkly with a cordless phone and the banker sits high above the contestants in a blacked out booth!

The UK one is very wooden and community lead - lets all hold hands and hug which is what I hate about it!
N/A

Deal or No Deal USA

It looks a bit cheesy... is the 6million dollar prize for the pilot or will it be a regular thing
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Deal or No Deal USA

The UK one is very wooden and community lead

Goes along the general trend of TV in the UK going downhill unfortunately, hopefully ITV won't get the format, else it would mean:
[list=1]
  • It would have the word 'celebrity' at the start and follow their usual format (i.e. having celebrities and being as cheap as possible to make)
  • It would include some (stupid-answer) viewer competition via an 090x number, or 8x text to rake in more cash.
  • The above would probably be linked into the utter shit which is ITV play.
  • Ant and Dec would present it.
    [/listShocked]The beginning of the end of ITV was thanks to Maggie and the 1990 Broadcasting Act which was (allegedly) introduced to oust Thames because of their 'Death On The Rock' programme. This of course did, and bought in Carlton and allowed the regions to merge, destroying the old regional identities and creating the ITV PLC as we know it.

Funny how they wonder why they're doing so badly, IMHO it's not really rocket science? Hopefully the BBC won't go downhill and well and quickly as ITV did.

Anyway rant and OT comments over, though can I get told off for being OT in the chit chat forum Cheesy