cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL planned maintenance

N/A

DSL planned maintenance

Dear Customer,

With the assistance of Redback Networks we have now identified the source of our problems last week with the rollout of our new DSL platform. The problems were a result of a rare fault in the Redback hardware and some anomalies in our IP routing environment. We have spent every possible hour during the week correcting these errors and checking the entire configuration of our network and associated hardware. We are now confident that all problems have been resolved and no further errors on our network will occur. To ensure this, we have over the past several days performed extensive testing of both the hardware / software involved as well as a roll-out scheme and back out procedures.

As a result of these efforts we are now in a position to effect the required upgrade to our ADSL platform. This upgrade has been scheduled to take place between 4AM and 6AM tomorrow (Friday 8/11). Between these hours there will be several interruptions to customers using our Broadband services and I would ask that customers refrain from attempting to connect until the upgrade is completed. At the conclusion of the work a further message will be posted to the service status section of our website.

I would like to thank customers for all of their comments this week and assure you that they were read and considered in creating the new rollout plan. I would also like to express our continued confidence in Redback Networks, their equipment and the support that they provide. Finally, I would like to reiterate my personal apology to all of those customers affected by the outage last week.

With Regards,

Bob Goldsmith
Network Operations and Services Manager.
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: DSL planned maintenanceREPLY

> Dear Customer,
>
> With the assistance of Redback Networks we have now identified the source of our problems last week with the rollout of our new DSL platform. The problems were a result of a rare fault in the Redback hardware and some anomalies in our IP routing environment. We have spent every possible hour during the week correcting these errors and checking the entire configuration of our network and associated hardware. We are now confident that all problems have been resolved and no further errors on our network will occur. To ensure this, we have over the past several days performed extensive testing of both the hardware / software involved as well as a roll-out scheme and back out procedures.
>
> As a result of these efforts we are now in a position to effect the required upgrade to our ADSL platform. This upgrade has been scheduled to take place between 4AM and 6AM tomorrow (Friday 8/11). Between these hours there will be several interruptions to customers using our Broadband services and I would ask that customers refrain from attempting to connect until the upgrade is completed. At the conclusion of the work a further message will be posted to the service status section of our website.
>
> I would like to thank customers for all of their comments this week and assure you that they were read and considered in creating the new rollout plan. I would also like to express our continued confidence in Redback Networks, their equipment and the support that they provide. Finally, I would like to reiterate my personal apology to all of those customers affected by the outage last week.
>
> With Regards,
>
> Bob Goldsmith
> Network Operations and Services Manager.

Bob,
Does this mean that all ADSL users connecting to force9 will have full ADSL bandwidth and the high level of performace normally associated with it? Does this also mean that the homepages.force9.net server will be accessible once again via FTP? Does this mean that ALL your external bandwidth (ISP)providor problems have also been sorted out? I hope so very much!.

Ivan Ratoyevsky (sys admins cyteck)

--