cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLink DSL-G604T and future support for ADSL2

N/A

Been speaking to dlink regarding a new firmware for the dsl-g604t router, which will hopefully fix current bugs in it and also support adsl2 when it arrives.

currently if live in eu, russia or australia you can get a firmware upgrade for this router which will fix a lot of issues and also give adsl2 support

but here in the uk dlink have no plans of releasing a new firmware to do this, so many users will either have to download a firmware from another country and hope it works, or purchase new routers

from a customer point a view it doesn't look good, especially seeing as they come with a 2 year warranty
5 REPLIES
N/A

But it will do 8Mbps downstream and 1Mbps upstream so surely that covers the next upgrade, or am I reading it wrong.
astarsolutions
Grafter

It will cover MaxDSL but probably not LLU.
N/A

Hi

Many thanks for the information and upon checking my exchange it is not configured for LLU as yet and the write up also appears to indicate not for a long time yet.

Thanks once again.
Jack
N/A

Had contact with D-Link and received the following response:-

The router's hardware is capable, but the latest firmware does not support this function in the UK. We have this capability working in Australia for the G604T, but it is unknown when/if this will be capable in the UK with this product. The programming department does not keep support in the loop until a firmware is in alpha/beta stage. For clarification on when/if something may become available for this product, please contact our sales team at 0845 612 0003 option 5.

Hope this helps.

Jack
N/A

totally different to what I got told

they state they have no plans on releasing a firmware update for uk users as they now have an adsl2 router available to purchase

i can confirm though that the russian firmware will work on the uk model, but don't use the eu versions as one of them leaves port 22 (SSH) wide open over the internet with no way of turning it off

another firmware will crash when checking DOS protection for SYN attacks