cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DID YOU KNOW??

N/A

DID YOU KNOW??

Did you know that the population of England alone is 52,000,000 (52 million) people.

That leaves just 8 million dispersed over Scotland and Wales (3.5 million in Wales and 4.5 million in Scotland.

I know where I'm moving to!!! Scotland.

Why?? If the population is less per square mile, then law and order is much greater and discipline is better. The public authorities have a much better chance of running things as they should be. England has become a dumping ground for immigrants over the years, London being the worst. Law and order in London is pathetic compared to Scotland and as a result more crimes are committed, graffiti is at an all time high and the streets are full of dirt and litter as well as disease. School children run riot with little or no disciplin. Disciplin seems a dirty word in England. Not so in Scotland, where the education system is infinitely better and people have a much greater sense of pride, heritage and know what is right from wrong. I'm not saying Scotland is perfect, it's not. It has it's problems like anywhere. But less so than most of the UK.
It is true that many Scots do not like the English and (reading between the lines) that may be one reasons why Scotland has not got too much of a problem yet with immigrants, Hopefully the Scottish Parliament will keep it that way.

When I am able, I shall be leaving this God forsaken city of London, to a place of peace and beauty and pride and integrity. In the meantime I shall survive knowing in my mind that I am going to do so. Lie back and think of England, I would rather not.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: DID YOU KNOW??

Scotland is too cold at least Wales is relatively warmer
N/A

> Scotland is too cold at least Wales is relatively warmer

Interesting. That's what everyone says. Actually the North East coast can frequently get better weather than London. Generally though the temperatures are between 2 and 4 degrees cooler. This makes for more bearable summers! The summers up there have two and half hours of extra daylight due to its latitude. And when was the last time London had a white Christmas?
N/A

> > Scotland is too cold at least Wales is relatively warmer
>
> Interesting. That's what everyone says. Actually the North East coast can frequently get better weather than London. Generally though the temperatures are between 2 and 4 degrees cooler. This makes for more bearable summers! The summers up there have two and half hours of extra daylight due to its latitude. And when was the last time London had a white Christmas?

never been to london - i'm from west wales Smiley
the tourist town and retirement village of Haverfordwest
tssk
Grafter

You forgot to mention Scotland's answer to Spain's mosquitos... the damn midges!!
--
"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning..." Catherine Aird
N/A

Havefordwest, pah!! you northener, my family are all from llangwym (Proper Wales) One of the best places for quality of life i have ever seen, as well as Norfolk.

N/A

London is brilliant. Its a great place of change and excitement. I love it with all the variety that it has. The food, people, places to go and things to do.
I'd be bored in Scotland.
I thought Glasgow was the drug capital of the world or was it just Europe?? From my understanding, they have their fair share of problems.
Still, I'll be heading there in September...woohoo...must broaden those horizons even further.. Wink
deakie