cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couriers...

Community Veteran

Couriers...

Why o why can they never give a precise time. I had to get up early this morning to go over to a relatives and wait on a package arriving.

I was told the delivery would take place between 0830 and 1700 hours I'm now stuck indoors bloody hungry grumpy tired and wanting to do some coursework but can't concentrate because I'm so hungry and there's no food in the house.

The package might not even turn up until 5pm.

I could take a risk and go to the shops now - but then the parcel would turn up.

I'm going insane Evil

why can't they say we'll be with you between 12 midday and 1pmHuhHuh
39 REPLIES
prichardson
Grafter

Couriers...

Hi,

Many companies that do appointments are the same, let alone couriers.

Anyhow it could be worse. The package could be Dead on Arrival. Ohh......

Kind regards,
Alecto
Grafter

Couriers...

Speaking as a courier, I think that couriers do a wonderful job, and why can't householders be in when we call?
I had to deliver a printer to Aylesbury this morning, very heavy too, and I rang the bell for ages but nobody answered, so I had to take it back.
Blooming typical!! :roll:
N/A

Couriers...

If you'd have given them a time they might have been in Wink

I can understand the whole 'slot' system, as with traffic these days, its virtually impossible to give a close estimate, and as the day draws on, delays can get longer. But a whole day as a slot seems harsh.
Many of the large couriers can check the dayplan for their drivers against a GPS system, coupled with a GPRS delivery completed system, thus you can call mid morning, and generally get a reasonable idea of a delivery time.
The trouble is of course, that you need to know which courier is delivering, plus you need a consignemtn number in most cases.

Parcelforce are best if you have a car - just get them to delivery to your nearest sorting office, and collect from there. (I'm pretty sure you don't have a car Daniel - correct me if I'm wrong)

Of course none of this is any use whatsoever, except it might take your mind off the boring wait!
Community Veteran

Couriers...

The package could be Dead on Arrival. Ohh......

oi - don't tempt fate; you know what happened last time you said that.
N/A

Couriers...

Are they getting something good delivered?

Bloomin' tight fisted to not leave any food in the house after they request you go round to receive their parcel. Relatives - who'd 'av 'em?
prichardson
Grafter

Couriers...

oi - don't tempt fate; you know what happened last time you said that.

Oh, it was DOA. Never mind Tongue

Could be [worse].

I got a phone call advising me that my PC (well, the boss's) was late by a day. So when I asked if I could have the next day delivery refunded and have the 3 day turn-around price instead, I was greated with the reply "Well, that is why we are phoning you. The lorry it was on has been hijacked".

Never mind, at least they got what they [deserved]
Community Veteran

Couriers...

lol. It's my parcel.

It's a Samsung CLP-510N Colour Laser printer. I know the courier but I don't know the consignment number. It's a replacement for one that was DOA hence my reaction to Phil...
Community Veteran

Couriers...

I sincerly apologise to parceline. It is not their fault my printer hasn't come here.

BLOODY DIMWITS STUPIDY GROUP HAVE SENT IT TO ESSEX

How incompetent can you getHuh?Huh
N/A

Couriers...

You don't perchance mean the idiots at Dixons do you? Or is it PC World or Curry's that are causing you pain?

I used to have a business account with them, (still do I think) but stopped using it because of shockingly bad service. Their incompetence astounds me.
Alecto
Grafter

Couriers...

I thought Aylesbury was in Essex. :lol:
Must get a new GPS
Alecto
Grafter

Couriers...

Their incompetence astounds me.

Wait till you're my age. You'll get used to it. :lol:
Community Veteran

Couriers...

It least you where not sat in the foyer of one of the cheap lodge hotels ( I will not name ti. ), waiting for a Pre 9:00 AM Delivery until 11:00 AM !! Evil , as I have been in the past.

Only to give in and start the 4 Hour journey home.

Now why did I not book in to a 4* hotel with a Spa and pool. :mrgreen:

Back on subject, most couriers do offer timed delivery before a certain time, but charge handsomely for it.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Couriers...

You don't perchance mean the idiots at Dixons do you? Or is it PC World or Curry's that are causing you pain?

Yup. Prats Club World Bull****ers

I used to have a business account with them, (still do I think) but stopped using it because of shockingly bad service. Their incompetence astounds me.

Yesterday I was quite impressed - they answered the call promptly and arranged all the return and everything - or so I thought...

Obviously now I know better. They make PN support look stellar.
Community Veteran

Couriers...

Well I don't know about PC World's delivery service as I've never used it, but their stores are really really shoddily run. I could write a book from the number of "experiences" I've had at PCW. :? Alas, they're the only computer store (that sells more than cables and about two modems) that's anywhere near me.

Thomas