cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Courier??

N/A

Courier??

I have just moved from my parents home and want my computer base and monitor delivered to my new address, anyone suggest a good cheap delivery service?

Thanks Wink
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Courier??

Royal Mail Standard Parcels Delivery is about as cheap as it gets, goes up to 20kg in weight, 1.5m in any one direction, with width x depth x height not exceeding 3m.

Thomas
N/A

Courier??

Well there is this one www.parcel2go.com is 20kg is weight alot? i mean is that enough for a computer base and computer monitor in seperate boxes, how long do royal mail take to deliver?, would like a 24hr delivery service guaranteed!!

Also want the pc picking up from my collection address and sending to my delivery address......

Thanks Wink
N/A

Courier??

Don't do it unless you have no other option.

If you have to pack it really well.

Take out insurance and make sure of the amount your insured for and the terms. There would be nothing worse than the you will get back £100 for your pc.

I have heard that parcel force could be a little better (only hear say ).
Community Veteran

Courier??

Royal Mail will deliver within 5 days usually. However things can get lost and damaged, standard insuarance is only for £28 so pay a little extra for more. As an ebayer parcels service is pretty good.

Parcel force offer more options in terms of delivery times etc but they are notorious for damaged goods and the like. I've used them a few times for large items with problems almost every time.

In work we use Interlink Express who are pricey but always deliver within a day and have a higher rate of insurance as standard.
Community Veteran

Courier??

Just a note, Standard Parcels is supposed to deliver >90% of parcels in 3 days, and the rest in 5... but I've seen it take 10.

Thomas
Community Veteran

Courier??

I find they vary depending where I'm sending to, living in Sheffield its pretty good in terms of parcels to London and Scotland, but find parcels towards Liverpool and Manchester and Wales are very slow.

Chris
glyndev
Grafter

Courier??

One thing that has not been asked or answered is how far does it need to be transported ?. Town to town or miles/kilometers.
chino
Grafter

Courier??

Try http://www.parcelnow.co.uk/ as i have just ordered a mirror http://www.dsgninc.co.uk/omblernew/mirrors/mirror-explosion.htm and i will be sending it via parcel now as it seems cheap.................

cUnDaLl

Ps posted off duty