cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling Fan!

N/A

Cooling Fan!

Hope this isnt too much of a silly question but if a cooling fan begins to play up, as in it struggles to work efficiently, what would it cost on average to have said unit replaced taking into account that the computer is out of warranty.
Packard Bell 'Easy One' laptop.
Just want a general idea of a repair/service costing prior to looking for a company to have a look at the problem for me...
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Cooling Fan!

Some laptops can be a bit dodgy to open up yourself... do you depend on the machine? If not, have a go at taking the cover off. My cpu cooler was making horrendous noises but it turned out to be a bit of sh1t in the works. Try giving it a blow through before dismantling it.

Fans aren't expensive (£7), having them fitted can be! If all else fails get a quote from a local chappy who does pc repairs; there are lots around.

Why do you think it's on its way out anyway?
gosforth
Grafter

RE: Cooling Fan!

Not replacing the cooling fan can be very expensive!
My 700MHz slot A Althlon CPU in my work PC overheated. They do not make them any more so I ended up having to buy a new processor and motherboard. Just to add insult to injury I also had to buy new PC2100 memory as well.

I suggest you turn your machine off until you get a new fan!

> Hope this isnt too much of a silly question but if a cooling fan begins to play up, as in it struggles to work efficiently, what would it cost on average to have said unit replaced taking into account that the computer is out of warranty.
> Packard Bell 'Easy One' laptop.
> Just want a general idea of a repair/service costing prior to looking for a company to have a look at the problem for me...