cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract

N/A

Contract

The contract has been amended.

What are the headline changes to the terms and conditions?

What have I lost?

And what have I gained?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Contract

As said in the email -

They have been reworded in clearer and plainer language, making them easier to read, without changing our agreement.

If there was a major change they would have to inform you specifically and give you the option to cancel as per T+Cs.

Chris
N/A

Contract

A change in the wording is grounds to be able to leave.

Any change at all to the contract would mean that they have to follow any clauses. The fact that they are not in affect until 20th is a sure sign of this.

I havn't checked, however, i suspect the largest change is they have broguht product names specified inline with those in circulation.
Community Veteran

Contract

One thing to note about the changes, they state they come into effect on 20th, however today is the 7th, which is actually only 13 days notice, (thats if we are looking for problems).

Chris
N/A

Contract

As said in the email -

They have been reworded in clearer and plainer language, making them easier to read, without changing our agreement.

If there was a major change they would have to inform you specifically and give you the option to cancel as per T+Cs.

Chris

Thanks

I was not implying dirty deeds.

So far plusnet is excellent and I have recommended them to friends, but I have a history of bad providers, some of which started off good, so my paranoia is high.
Community Veteran

Contract

PlusNet has had it's highs and lows, but like you say generally they are excellent.

Chris
N/A

Contract

A change in the wording is grounds to be able to leave.

Agreed
If the agreement has not been altered, then why has 14 days notice been given? this implies that changes have been made, therefore giving people the option to cancel their agreement. You might argue that a rewording of the t/c is a change in its self.
Should it be that changes have occured, and the option to cancel is being concealed by claiming nothings different, then it's a poor show.
Of course I could be wrong about the whole thing, but my years on this planet has taught me to be very careful about small print and how it is applied to the consumer.

Having said that, I am not concerned for myself because I rate PlusNet and its service as first class and have no intention of cancelling. However, I am well aware from these forums that this is not everyones view.