cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting but no data transfer

N/A

Connecting but no data transfer

I know i'm not the only one with this problem, but i'd like to know what it is and what Force9 are doing about the probelm.
I've done exactly what the tech support guys said, and still the same problem!
let me know.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Connecting but no data transfer REPLY

> I know i'm not the only one with this problem, but i'd like to know what it is and what Force9 are doing about the probelm.
> I've done exactly what the tech support guys said, and still the same problem!
> let me know.
>

Hi,
When you say you are connecting? what exactly do you mean bye this. For example does the F9 server register your machine on the network? is your username and password authenticated? does your dailup connection show an icon in the system tray when connected? does this show the speed of the connection,bytes sent & received,etc.

If your username & password are recognised & authenticated by the server then data must be transfering across the connection for this to happen. If the problem is that you cannot open a
webpage in your browser then that might be something else? Can you get onto the F9 portal or to another website such as google or yahoo etc.

IR
--
N/A

RE: Connecting but no data transfer

I've had the same problem for about 2 days now. F9 think it might be a problem with the RAS/RADIUS equipment at my local BT exchange. If you can, ask F9 to do a traceroute to your IP address when you are connected. If your problem is the same as mine, they should find the route stopping at your BT exchange.
If you do ask F9 to do this, please post the results here so we all have a better idea of what's happening.

Tom Porch
--
Curriculum network manager and ICT technician,
A large comprehensive school,
Nottinghamshire
N/A

RE: Connecting but no data transfer REPLY

The connection is made and the router is showing my ip address and it will tx a small amount of data as it connects but that is it, i'll ask f9 to trace route my ip as this other chap suggests. thanks guys!