cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer training ????

N/A

Computer training ????

I am looking for a job in computers hardware level. I know you can go to college and take a course there, which i did for a year. But is there companies that take you on and train you.

Thanks
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Computer training ????

There arent many jobs around in this area of the IT indusry, especially if you have little experience, best thing to do is find a job at a suitable company and work your way into the type of role you want, you will then also build up experience.
Most emplyoers will not employ someone solely based on them going on a training course.

Chris
the_norris
Grafter

Computer training ????

Thats true Chris - thats how I started. Started as a hardware technician. Now after 6 year in the same place moved up via differnet teams to work in the Technical Soluctions Team - working on large IT projects.

I know some people where I work started doing First line helpdesk roles to start - getting experiance and training then moving up.

Phil
N/A

Computer training ????

Yeah thanks for the advice. What sort of company should i aim for. I though maybe pc world or is the wrong way Huh?
Community Veteran

Computer training ????

PC World will just teach you how to badger a customer into purchasing added insurance for some rediculous amount. :roll:

Thomas
the_norris
Grafter

Computer training ????

Well I work for Local Gov. - boo hiss Smiley

Thats were I started 6 Years ago. Seen alot of changes. Good Experience..

Phil
N/A

Computer training ????

my hubby works for The Computer Shop.. that used to be Tiny/Time. Now he is a store manager here in Scarborough, yet he doesnt know much of a technical nature about computers!!! He knows the basic things but if a customer was to bring in one that had a fault then its down to a techy guy they have in there. He wasnt trained by the firm themselves and is self taught. so perhaps working for a larger firm like that may not be a good idea (unless you like selling!)
Depending on how old you are theyre may be companies in that industry who run Modern Apprecnticeships. i think they usually take people until they are about 22/23yr old (well they used to when i worked in training!!!)
You could try ringing Learn Direct as they may be able to offer you some advice.. or check out their website
http://www.learndirect.co.uk/ or this one http://www.learndirect-ltw.co.uk/ep/web/home/ltwhome/homepage/

hope you find something Smiley