cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chiltern Line Tunnel Collapse

Community Veteran

Living in Aylesbury, I am extremley lucky to be on the chiltern line, which generally has excellent services and fairly modern trains (i have only ever know 1 slam door to be used and it is clean and tidy both outside and in). Howver a long standing complaint is the apparent inability to run trains from aylesbury northbound (towards birmingham) yet now after the tunnel collapse at gerrards cross last night blocking the wycombe branch the "emergency timetable" has trains coming from birmingham able to route through aylesbury to go on to marlebone presumably using the amersham branch now why not open up that line generally and provide direct services to the midlands from aylesbury?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Aye, I saw that on the news this morning. It was been covered up for a Tesco supermart to be built their, and it just collapsed.

In train news more near me, a car smashed into the front of a train, killing both the train operator and the car driver. Injuring passengers that were then transported to the ambulance via another train.
LiamM
Grafter

Williams,

Just a note to avoid a formal PM. Could you resize your avatar to keep within the 80x80 pixel board limit.

Thanks.

I don't have any train news to report I am afraid.
N/A

Oh, terribly sorry! I thought it was (although I did not check).

Please forgive me, I've been up for around 34 hours >_<