Children in Need

ChrisR
Grafter

Children in Need

24 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Children in Need

/checks to make sure Mark's not around

I think everyone must be watching it it's dead quiet round here...
ChrisR
Grafter

Children in Need

Yep, I noticed too...
N/A

Children in Need

I think David Tennent should have another Doctor Who episode around and he should say "If we can get to 10,000,000 by 10pm, we'll show it after the news!"
Community Veteran

Children in Need

Am I bovverd :razz:

hmm... good Idea
N/A

Children in Need

It would probably have worked, but it would have meant that people would have been giving money for the wrong reasons.
But, as that money is going to the right place, does it really matter?
My personal opinion of the world is that morality has dropped to an all time low and most people have simply stopped caring, but that's for another thread so I don't bring down the tone of the entertainment Smiley
Community Veteran

Children in Need

Indeed, i suppose it's like all the merchandise you get now (i.e. pudsey head bands etc) :roll:
LiamM
Grafter

Children in Need

I'm wearing a children in need wristband.... A red and yellow intermingled one.
Community Veteran

Children in Need

Of course no offence to anyone who's bought any...

Upon thinking about it more closely, I suspect there will be people who buy the wristbands because they are trendy and those who buy them to show their support for a cause.
LiamM
Grafter

Children in Need

And both ways generate helpful cash - so whether you think they're trendy, or you just wish to support the cause - or both - they're still making some healthy helpful money.
Community Veteran

Children in Need

Which is going back to this point ;-)

But, as that money is going to the right place, does it really matter?
csogilvie
Grafter

Children in Need

I participated in most of the things at work today and donated money. Except I spent most of tonight watching David Tennant in another role he has Wink

Currently watching the BBC Newsreaders doing their usual murdering of a song... although, at least its not as bad as the year they did one from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

It somewhat annoys me in Scotland as we don't see some of the things at the same time as people in England Sad
csogilvie
Grafter

Children in Need

I'm wearing a children in need wristband.... A red and yellow intermingled one.

I looked at them, but for the £1.50 or whatever it was, only about 30p was going to Children in Need :shock:
LiamM
Grafter

Children in Need

No? That's annoying.

I've noticed on Sky we have BBC1 Scotland and BBC1 Wales etc... as well as the BBC1 South West, but I thought it was only for different versions of the news and stuff.
csogilvie
Grafter

Children in Need

We're currentl watching stuff from BBC1 Scotland in Glasgow... I'm assuming its not on in England anyway!