cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cgi password

N/A

Cgi password

I get a bit peeved with the password on my account expiring every 100 days, I inevitably have to ask CS to restore it to default because whenever I choose one it is always "too similar" regardless. If I raise a ticket, can my crofters account keep the same password permanently? I know it is supposed to be for security, but my dial up password doesn't expire and I would say that is more of a security issue.

Anyone managed to get around this?

Cheers

Mark
3 REPLIES
N/A

Cgi password

I'm surprised you've fallen foul of having a password which is too similar to the old one!

For a while my practice has been to specify a new password when required to do so (it's different by just one character tucked away somewhere in the middle), and then, before I log out again, I use the passwd command to change my password back to what it was originally. It's never complained that it's too similar, and the last time I did this was just a couple of weeks back!
N/A

Cgi password

Come on, you have 100 days to think of a new password !!

Right a few down in the three and half months tthat you have so you don't have the problem when it arises.

Wink
N/A

Cgi password

I've already got the main account password, plus the CGI one, and I have to remember the "new" CGI password long enough to be able to change it again. I think that's quite enough exercise for the old grey matter!