cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career Advice

N/A

Career Advice

Ive studied MCSE and ccna and exchange. But dont have the qualifications of them as of yet. I have alos underwent 4months work as 1st line helpdesk support but its too far in nottingham and im from london

So now i want to move back to london andget a job in london.

Where can i move on from 1st line helpdesk...do i still need to carry on with first line support or can i divert and get another IT related job from that experience...i just need help in applyiong so i know what type of jobs to look for apart from 1st line support
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Career Advice

4 months experience isn't much at all. To be honest I think your best bet will be looking for a similar job to the one at Dixons, but in London.

Chris
N/A

Career Advice

wow how do u know i work at dixons lol
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Career Advice

You told us all back in July Cheesy
N/A

Career Advice

oh wicked its like a family here...you lot got good memories gta admit

So i guess ill just have to find same job in london and work for about year b4 i can move on...at the mo my credit card statement is 800 and wages is same...

im makin no money but just spoiling my health ive gained high bp and got all sorts of pains...so i fink i have to get back unemployed and find new job here
Community Veteran

Career Advice

hee hee. Bet you thought I was pyscic for a moment then!

I'd say you need about a years experience before going for something better, but keep studying as well, it will give you a good all round exposure to the IT world.

Could you not look for cheaper acommodation in Nottingham? I know its a good place to look for work in the IT sector. Or is it the place you dont like?

Chris
N/A

Career Advice

place is good...i am pure vegetarianb so i find it hard to get food espeically for me.. that is pure veg...and the accomadations are thier but they need 1 year contract and i wish to be out of thier before 6months as after 6 months i have to ggive 4 weeks notice...and employers can just bout wait 1 week so 4 weeks is bit too much...mainly its health related issue