Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Lens - USA

Midville
Grafter

Canon Lens - USA

Wondering if anyone can help,
going over to the US for 3 weeks or so and therefore would like a bargain if possible. Can anyone recommend any on-line or actual shops (US) for Canon lens I am after Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens or maybe Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM not sure which really its for a Canon EOS 20D.

All I have come up with Wal mart and best buy so far.......

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Canon Lens - USA

I've never used them (being in the UK an' all), but this is a very popular online (and retail) store in the US: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

What other lenses do you have in your collection so far? Knowing that might help me (and anyone else who stumbles on this topic) help you choose which one to get. Smiley

Thomas
Midville
Grafter

Canon Lens - USA

I have just started out to honest, got the kit containing Canon EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6. I thought the Canon EF 28-135mm would be a good starting point.

Thanks so far Thomas....
Community Veteran

Canon Lens - USA

Well I never - you're much like me then. I got the 20D kit back in November, and apart from the 50mm f/1.8, had no other lenses... have spent the last few days deciding what the next lens I should get should be, and ended up getting a Sigma 55-200mm yesterday - not a bad piece of glass, considering the cost (only £110)!

Anyway - for you, I'd personally recommend the 70-300, as this is only your second lens. Reason being that if you get the 28-135, you're kind of partly paying for what you already have, if you see what I mean, as you already have 18-55 covered. I also think that getting a powerful zoom might be quite revealing - they can open up a lot of photographic opportunities, as a friend of mine has found out. If you get it, it'd mean that you'd have a virtually continuous coverage of 18-300mm, which is a very good range (although in the future, you might want to consider something like the 17-85 IS to replace the 18-55, as it's better quality, and will cover the "gap" between 55-70 that you'll have if you stick with the 18-55).

That's pretty much just a string of consciousness, but I hope you find it marginally useful. Smiley

Thomas
Midville
Grafter

Canon Lens - USA

Thanks Thomas for your info so far, not much of a saving on the 70-300 maybe £10 or so, but save a good hundred quid on the 28-135. Using http://www.warehouseexpress.com/ for UK prices.

Decisions decisions ............