cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete files in webspace

N/A

Hi, as a new boy to the website game I could do with a little help. I have managed to put some folders/directories in my webspace, they appear empty but I am not able to delete them despite changing permissions etc. The error returned says that they are NOT EMPTY ? I cannot see anything in them...

Confused of K/L
4 REPLIES
N/A

What ftp software are you using? In WSFTP there is a box on the server side directory (under mkdir) which is blank. Place -a in this box and it will show your hidden files.

Regards

Mark
N/A

Hello,

If you want or need too change your FTP client software (FTP program) then I can highly recommend the following program.

Its completely freeware (for personal use) and is called CoreFTP you can download a copy for free from the following location (see enclosed link below)

http://www.coreftp.com/

Ivan
N/A

Hi, I've been using FTP Commander and as an XP user I can go direct but that doesn't work either. I will now try the two suggestions, thanks for now. HNY all
N/A

Many thanks Mark and Ivan. I tried coreftp first and it worked first time. Again thanks for the help, a happy new year to you both.