cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone using USENET download from the binaries groups?

N/A

Hello All,

Can any one show complete posts when connecting to the binaries news groupsHuh?

The main groups i use are alt.binaries.svcd and alt.binaries.divx.

I have attempted to speak to Technical support about this but all they tell me is that they do support these groups but they have no answer as to why i cannot show any complete postsHuh?!!!!!!!.

I am aware that there is a new Beta platform out at the moment but i am still experiencing the same difficulties!!!

Does anyone know of a good ISP that will offer decent News Groups support as part of their package? (this is only as a last resort if i am unable to resolve the above problem).

If anyone needs screenies of the conv with tech support they can be provided.........i just really need some help!

Shaun Wilson

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Please do not use all capitals titles - it is considered rude and shouting.]
1 REPLY
N/A

You'll probably find the same problem with other ISP's. Most don't have much history on their news servers. Most ISP's seem to remove larger Post's quite frequently.

Suggest you use a dedicated News Service with long retention period.

Suggest:
news.astraweb.com ($10 month unlimited transfer or can pay per GB. eg. 25GB = $10)

www.usenetserver.com (Recommended to me)
www.spidernews.com

Saves changing ISP continually and resolves your problem. Downside is you may have to fork out a little more.