cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all garden experts.............again

N/A

Okay, got a good answer here last time about a weed, now I want to know the name of a plant, and any tips n tricks for caring for it.

This thing is about 5' tall, very hairy leaves, and grows the way a yucca does, in that the lower leaves die off and leave a trunk for the higher leaves. As you can see from the leaves, it does need some TLC!

Caution 2mb File
10 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

Can't tell you what it is, I'm afraid, as I am no horticulturalist (looks very exotic, though!). There is obviously a problem visible on the older leaves but it is hard to see much from a photograph. It could be a fungal infection, in which case spraying with a fungicide would help. I suggest you take an affected leaf to your local garden centre or nursery, they will probably be able to help.
N/A

hmmm, nice one, didnt think of that mate, yeah, got a good sized one about 15 miles away, should know whats up with it, thanks mate
N/A

Try uk.rec.gardening, they are very knowledgable and helpful there. However do not post the picture, do as here give a link to it.
N/A

It's a triffid Wink
N/A

OH MY GOD!!

ITS GONNA GET ME!!

NOOOOOOO

pmsl hehe, a faint resemblance perhaps
N/A

@Towill

Thanks mate, got the answer I wanted from that newsgroup..

Echium pininana, a 12 foot flowing MONSTER!!, not flowered this year because only the first year in the ground, should flower next spring!!
N/A

Good, that's something useful this year then, now I can go back to sleep. Cheesy
N/A

sorry, shoulda whispered!! go back to sleep friend
N/A

You must have interested a lot of people Rob, I see that you have bombed out, too many Mbs downloaded! Sad Sad
N/A

yeah I noticed mate, just posted on another forum, and my sig (also hosted there is not showing) major pain in de butt lol. Time to move me sig I think, mind you, just tried, even I cannot get at it because of the bandwidth excess lol