cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI server out of space!?

N/A

CGI server out of space!?

I have a UBB Forum hosted on Force9's CGI server.
http://cgi.dannybaker.force9.co.uk/cgibin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

Since I returned from holiday late Wednesday night, posters (and myself as Admin.) cannot add new topics to my board although posts seem to be able
to be added to existing threads?!

Apparently there is an intermittent error message being thrown up to the effect "'No space left on device'.

However when I attempt to open a new topic myself and submit same, I am not getting any error messages, only a progress bar that is very slow to
move and then I'm being timed out?

Space is seemingly not an issue because I had a mass prunage (deleting over 6 pages of threads since my return) and using telnet and the du
command to check my space used I'm well within my limit.

I'm convinced this is a Force9 problem as a search for similiar problems on my Forums Community Support Forums advises "The UBB tried to write to
your server hard drive and couldn't because the device is out of space. You'll need to check with your host to see why the server is out of space.
Either you've hit a file quota, space quota or the host just oversold their server space.

So I contacted Force9's support department and they say "When testing your site from here, there doesn't seem to be any problems that I can see, also unfortunately, we are also unable to support cgi scripting and php, I do however suggest is to visit our forums and newsgroups."

Catch 22, Please help, I'm cracking up here.
Only a few days ago I was sitting in Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, Citywalk in Orlando, on an open-air porch, overlooking a palm tree-lined stream and listening to the tropical tunes of Jimmy Buffett whilst sipping a yummy frozen daquiri !!)
Now I return home to this."Aaah!"

Regards

Hope this gets a bigger response than my last "tumbleweed" query :-O
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: CGI server out of space!?

How sad is this replying to your own post to prvent it becoming a "tumbleweed"?
Anyone?
Please?
N/A

Myself and a collegue who also uses F9 had the same problem. We raised tickets via the website and within an hour they had been returned to us, closed.

Problem sorted! This was on the 12th btw.

Gareth Williams
audioc
Dabbler

> Myself and a collegue who also uses F9 had the same problem. We raised tickets via the website and within an hour they had been returned to us, closed.
>
> Problem sorted! This was on the 12th btw.
>
> Gareth Williams

I had the same problem- also with ubb. Not seen it since, though.