cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI Server down???

N/A

CGI Server down???

is it only me, or everybody?

Couldn't get to my website stuff on the CGI space this morning and issued ticket to F9. (HTTP 404 - File not found)

F9 came back pretty quickly at 8:40 am with "Please accept our appologise for this, we are aware of the problem and this is currantly being worked to resolve.
"
I haven't read anything on any Forum, that they have problems and it's now 16:00 and I still can't access my site.

Just wondered if there's anybody else has the same problems, as I haven't seen any other complaints.

Thans Robby
58 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

CGI Server down???

Hi,

There is a minor problem with the server at the moment, though this isn't affecting many people and its expected to be fixed soon.
N/A

CGI Server down???

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
but not being able to access my site and boards for more than 8 hours seems a bit more than a minor problem to me.

And why is it affecting only a few people?
N/A

CGI Server down???

It's affecting me too....
jfrank
Grafter

sigh

me too.. pain in the arse
N/A

CGI Server down???

wouldn't it be nice, if Force9 would post something on the relevant forum, when problems like that occur?
At least people would not be worried that it's only them, but some technical problem, F9 is working on already.
Would save a lot of agro and would reduce mails and tickets to F9.

I think it's called customer service and would make life a lot easier for all.
Just a thought, but judging by previous postings probably too much to ask
NoahVale

CGI Server down???

Same here

Reply to my ticke as followst:

We have recieved many reports of this today, currently we do not know the cause. Unfortunately you will need to upload from your backup, sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
ade
Dabbler

CGI Server down???

Yes, my site was down too. Put a ticket in as there was nothing to be found on here or the Status page where i would expect to find something (why have a Status page if your not going to use it to keep customers informed).

I have not received any thing via e-mail from support about having to use a backup.

Not impressed again with the service. If I have to upload and configure my site again it will be the last time with Force9.
N/A

CGI Server down???

via http i cant acess
I cant login via ftp either, the server is responding but its saying login is incorrect Sad

Will we have to reuploadHuh as im not looking forward to that Sad
NoahVale

CGI Server down???

"we do not know the cause. Unfortunately you will need to upload from your backup"

Suggesting we re install from backup even before they know the cause?

Can't login anyway
N/A

CGI Server down???

Hi

So the minor problem isnt enough to have them change the service status.....9 hours now mine sites been down..

My very popular site www.seroxatmad.co.uk which has featured on a BBC article is now down.....i guess i will ask for another migration key and take my 2 sites to http://ukwebsolutionsdirect.co.uk/hosting.php and move ISP's to a cheaper one.

Regards

John
jfrank
Grafter

Typical

One word: Typical

F9: We deleted your stuff, so put your stuff back yourself and don't give us crap because we are doing you a favour even giving you CGI.

Well I'm not putting mine back, I'm going somewhere else for CGi.. somewhere where they give a shit. My lazyness was the only thing keeping me on F9.. The CGi BBS that I couldn't be bothered to shift. But now you have done it for me (AGAIN!) so sod it, I'm off... Anyone know any good ISP's?

I know problems occur but it's the attitude that stinks.
N/A

CGI Server down???

yeh, shurley there should be backup servers?
zigzak
Grafter

CGI Server down???

Hi,
All my data is also gone. They say we should be backing up our own data.
However as I have already said over on the PlusNET Forum I would expect a total data loss to be a very rare event - so rare that I'd be willing to gamble it would never happen.
But now it's happened TWICE recently Evil

The attituide seems to be that we're all supposed to take daily backups - so if it all goes pop it's no big deal. Unforuntately we live in the real world at the hard end don't we!
JonathanW
Grafter

CGI Server down???

Hi,

The issues experienced over this weekend are different to those experienced earlier in the year.

This weekends only affected a small number of customers, and it was caused by an error with a script on one of the database servers. This script is designed to ensure that everyone who should have access to the ccgi platform has that access. Due to an issue with the server, the file used to check this became trunacted, so several people were missed off, which then caused their access to be removed.

The events earlier in the year were caused by a failure of the actual storage for the cgi platform, which has since been replaced when the ccgi platform was rolled out over the summer.

With regards to backups, we did try and restore the data. However, due to the nature of the problem, the backups were over written by the same script when it realised that some accounts were missing their space, and as such created them a new blank space, which was promptly backed up.

This is why we do state that its the customer's own responsibility to maintain a backup of their own data.