cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI Password Changing

David_W
Rising Star

CGI Password Changing

This will probably sound a bit silly, but before F9 upgraded their cgi server with all these new fangled stuff, there was an automatic forced password change after 100 days, I'm pretty sure its been longer than 100 days since I changed my password, but I've not been prompted for the change.

Has the security feature been disabled (not that I'm complaining, I hate thinking up new passwords, its just a necessary evil which whilst I like having a password that never changes, does leave the cgi open unless I manually change it, which I'm too lazy to do Shockedops: )
3 REPLIES
N/A

CGI Password Changing

All you do is change it when it prompts you, then change it back later using the passwd command Wink
David_W
Rising Star

CGI Password Changing

The thing is, it hasnt prompted me to change the password since, well I cant remember since when, since before the cgi servers were upgraded, so I was wondering if F9 had disabled the "password expires after 100 days" option on the new server OS's
N/A

CGI Password Changing

Someone from customer support said elsewhere in the forum that it doesnt expire anymore. However the passwd command doesnt seem to work anymore either. :?