cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CGI Form Help Please

N/A

CGI Form Help Please

Please can someone explain simply what I need to do to get a form I have created work - with CGI I guess?
Thanks in advance
Phil :?
2 REPLIES
N/A

CGI Form Help Please

Go to http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/ and download the formmail script. Filling it in is relatively easy, especially if you turn error reporting on.

Regards

Mark
N/A

Re: CGI Form Help Please

Please can someone explain simply what I need to do to get a form I have created work - with CGI I guess?

It depends on what it is you want to do with the data obtained in your form.

Force9 provides scripts (principally, as far as form data are concerned, the formmail one mentioned by "didit") which, if they suit your purposes, can be used without any need for you to provide any server-side code of your own -- see the CGI Scripts page. (As far as I am aware, with some accounts -- Pay as You Go? Light? ADSL Home Surf? -- this is all you are entitled to do; if you wish to do anything other than what the Force9 scripts provide, you need to upgrade your account to a different type.)

If your requirement is for features which are not in the scripts provided by Force9, then your options are CGI or PHP (as far as I'm aware), which means you have to activate the CGI functionality for your account. (You may also activate MySQL access if your requirement is, for example, to store data from the form in a database.) If you click on Website settings, the options available to you for your account type will be displayed. If the "CGI" and "MySQL" options are not shown, your account type does not include them, and you will need to upgrade your account to a different account type if you want these features. If they do appear, select the desired option to go to a page which shows its current status on your account and allows you to change the status (activate it, if currently inactive, or vice versa). Help and advice is also provided on the webpage, including, in the case of CGI, a link to a source of perl scripts which can be modified for your own use (or, of course, you can write your own).