cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying on the net

chrisco
Grafter

Buying on the net

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a digi camera & after doing loads of research I have found the best deals for what I want on EBuyer or Purely Gadgets. I seem to remember some reports on here some time ago about the dreadful service given by EBuyer, has anyone used either of these suppliers recently - to buy anything not just cameras - & if so what did you think?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Buying on the net

Well, I've used both, Ebuyer more than PG. I have never had any problems with Ebuyer aside from when I think they once sent an item a day late - but normally though, I order whatever I want, tell them the day I want it, and it turns up that day - end of story. However, I have never had a damaged or incorrect item, so I've never had to contact their customer support - which is where, if the internet's true, the 'fun and games' begin. PG, on the other hand, don't seem quite as efficient - I ordered a digital camera from them a few months ago, which was apparently in stock, yet it took them something like a week to dispatch it. However, on the plus side, their customer service was very good - I sent a couple of e-mails asking what was going on, and they were quick and courteous at replying. So I guess you could say the two stores or somewhat opposites to each other, really...
chrisco
Grafter

Buying on the net

Thanks for that.
shellsong
Grafter

Buying on the net

I've bought more items from ebuyer than from most of the rest put together and I've not had any real problems-- I order it they send it

I know there were problems a year or so back when they changed their website and in the hiatus a backlog of tickets built up but I was fortunate enough to escape that