cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burning mp3 problem

bjanda
Grafter

Burning mp3 problem

I have recently aquired a CD burner and have tried burning some mp3s to CD but I am having a problem with some tracks.
When played back, some tracks are playing very fast and others are ok.
They all play ok on Winamp so can anyone tell me what is wrong as I am a novice at this.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Burning mp3 problem

What software are you using?
Are you burning cd as mp3 or as audio?
Normaly you create a audio cd and drag the mp3 across which changes their format.

If you are trying to burn as mp3 then you have to use a Data cd.

A lot of problems are down to burning to fast reduce you write speed to 12 or less

> I have recently aquired a CD burner and have tried burning some mp3s to CD but I am having a problem with some tracks.
> When played back, some tracks are playing very fast and others are ok.
> They all play ok on Winamp so can anyone tell me what is wrong as I am a novice at this.
> Thanks.

bjanda
Grafter

> What software are you using?
> Are you burning cd as mp3 or as audio?
> Normaly you create a audio cd and drag the mp3 across which changes their format.
>
> If you are trying to burn as mp3 then you have to use a Data cd.
>
> A lot of problems are down to burning to fast reduce you write speed to 12 or less
>
>
> > I have recently aquired a CD burner and have tried burning some mp3s to CD but I am having a problem with some tracks.
> > When played back, some tracks are playing very fast and others are ok.
> > They all play ok on Winamp so can anyone tell me what is wrong as I am a novice at this.
> > Thanks.
>
>

I'm using NTI CD Maker 2000 (came with drive) and am creating audio cd's by dragging. I have also tried reducing speed but still I have problem.
It only affects some tracks as I say others play fine.

N/A

I have never tried that software NERO is the software. Get it from http://www.lunaticsoft.host.sk/start.html
Its hard to say if some are OK its normaly writing to fast poor quality cd's doing something else while burning so the burner doesnt get a constant stream of data. Does it have burn proof?

It could be bad look if its odd cd's and the mp3 is dodgy or poor quality.

> > What software are you using?
> > Are you burning cd as mp3 or as audio?
> > Normaly you create a audio cd and drag the mp3 across which changes their format.
> >
> > If you are trying to burn as mp3 then you have to use a Data cd.
> >
> > A lot of problems are down to burning to fast reduce you write speed to 12 or less
> >
> >
> > > I have recently aquired a CD burner and have tried burning some mp3s to CD but I am having a problem with some tracks.
> > > When played back, some tracks are playing very fast and others are ok.
> > > They all play ok on Winamp so can anyone tell me what is wrong as I am a novice at this.
> > > Thanks.
> >
> >
>
>
> I'm using NTI CD Maker 2000 (came with drive) and am creating audio cd's by dragging. I have also tried reducing speed but still I have problem.
> It only affects some tracks as I say others play fine.
>
>

bjanda
Grafter

> I have never tried that software NERO is the software. Get it from http://www.lunaticsoft.host.sk/start.html
> Its hard to say if some are OK its normaly writing to fast poor quality cd's doing something else while burning so the burner doesnt get a constant stream of data. Does it have burn proof?
>
> It could be bad look if its odd cd's and the mp3 is dodgy or poor quality.
>
> > > What software are you using?
> > > Are you burning cd as mp3 or as audio?
> > > Normaly you create a audio cd and drag the mp3 across which changes their format.
> > >
> > > If you are trying to burn as mp3 then you have to use a Data cd.
> > >
> > > A lot of problems are down to burning to fast reduce you write speed to 12 or less
> > >
> > >
> > > > I have recently aquired a CD burner and have tried burning some mp3s to CD but I am having a problem with some tracks.
> > > > When played back, some tracks are playing very fast and others are ok.
> > > > They all play ok on Winamp so can anyone tell me what is wrong as I am a novice at this.
> > > > Thanks.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > I'm using NTI CD Maker 2000 (came with drive) and am creating audio cd's by dragging. I have also tried reducing speed but still I have problem.
> > It only affects some tracks as I say others play fine.
> >
> >
>
>

Thanks for the help. I may have found the problem now. It looks as though mono mp3s are the cause, all stereo files seem to burn ok.
Community Veteran

> > I have never tried that software NERO is the software. Get it from http://www.lunaticsoft.host.sk/start.html
> > Its hard to say if some are OK its normaly writing to fast poor quality cd's doing something else while burning so the burner doesnt get a constant stream of data. Does it have burn proof?
> >
> > It could be bad look if its odd cd's and the mp3 is dodgy or poor quality.
> >
> > > > What software are you using?
> > > > Are you burning cd as mp3 or as audio?
> > > > Normaly you create a audio cd and drag the mp3 across which changes their format.
> > > >
> > > > If you are trying to burn as mp3 then you have to use a Data cd.
> > > >
> > > > A lot of problems are down to burning to fast reduce you write speed to 12 or less
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > I have recently aquired a CD burner and have tried burning some mp3s to CD but I am having a problem with some tracks.
> > > > > When played back, some tracks are playing very fast and others are ok.
> > > > > They all play ok on Winamp so can anyone tell me what is wrong as I am a novice at this.
> > > > > Thanks.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I'm using NTI CD Maker 2000 (came with drive) and am creating audio cd's by dragging. I have also tried reducing speed but still I have problem.
> > > It only affects some tracks as I say others play fine.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
> Thanks for the help. I may have found the problem now. It looks as though mono mp3s are the cause, all stereo files seem to burn ok.

What you can do which may help with this is to convert the mono files to wave files before you burn them on to a cd.
Winamp will do this for you if you select options/ preferences/ plugins/ output and then the set it as as Nullsoft disc writer.
When you get it to play a track it will then write it as a wave file instead of giving you an audio out.
Dont forget to change it back though when you have finished or you will have a lot of wave files taking up masses od disk space.
Hope this helps.

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

You can go to the winamp3 plug ins by selecting Thinger then winamp browser then Export plug-ins for a selection of cd/mp3 rip type files. But I find that they are not so easy to install and can give problems. Maybe it's just me.

If you download files from Kazaa.com or better still Limewire.com They are usually in Mp3 format you can then go to

http://audioedit.mystikmedia.com

and download this audioedit software, which is easy to use and can transfer files from or to MP3 or practically any other format you choose. Most cd's use either WAV or WMA formats and are about 10x the size of the Mp3's you may have downloaded. Once you have converted them from say MP3 to WAV it is easy to save and use these on any CD, Using Nero or Adaptec, Remembering that you may have to format the new CD-R first. Then you can play the CD's on your PC or in the car etc.